Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sockapalooza!!

What a wonderful thing to see after waking up from my post op haze. A package from overseas. It turned out to be from the Netherlands, where Bianca designed these socks just for me! I do remember seeing these before, but not sure where, on the knit pligg or SAM3. I liked them then. So when I opened them I thought, where have I seen these?

Sockapalooza 4 The yarn is Opal Neumusterung, colorway 33. Love these colors too! Also included is some soft NZ merino, stitchmarkers (one can never have enough ;) and various teas, which I am about to try one of them now.

Sockapalooza 4 They fit pretty well, and once it ever gets cold around here (105 degrees today, guess where I stayed???) They will be worn a lot.

Sockapalooza 4Close up of the cable section. Looks like she knit that first then picked up for the upper cuff and foot. I love them and the fact that she designed them for me, makes them extra special. Thank you again Bianca!

This was my first Sockapalooza, I doubt my last, but I have learned a lot. Start your knitting earlier!!!! No matter who your pal is. ;)

Off to drink some tea now, I need it!

20 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Designed just for you. How fabulous is that! Love those colors too :) What a thoughtful pal!

I bet that tea is coming in handy right about now. Feel better!!

Bianca said...

The pleasure was all mine Zonda.:-) I am glad you like the socks :-D

Anonymous said...

What a great pal! Love the design!

Jennifer said...

Fantastic sockapalooza socks!

Rest, rest, rest, Z.

Jody said...

Yeah for gifted socks!! They are the best kind :)
Hope you feel better soon!

cpurl17 said...

Fabulous socks!!!

Guess what? I'm still alive! I finished my socks and was ready to mail them and...can't find the postcards I meant to inlcude, ugh.

Batty said...

Pretty socks! Love the pattern and the yarn.

Anonymous said...

Pretty socks! Enjoy! And feel better!

Kara said...

What fun socks from what looks like a fun pal. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Your pal did a great job. Those socks are beautiful!

merlinthecat said...

ohh those are neat socks!

Karen said...

Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good after the surgery. And those socks are so pretty - what a wonderful "after surgery reward". LOL

Bezzie said...

Oh wow! I was just thinking that a pair of socks with cables like that would be cool to design. Looks like it's already been done--with great results! Very cool!

Stacey said...

those are great - very unique!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! Hope you're feeling better soon.

soapy said...

Nice package!
Enjoy! Do share on how the tea is from over there....;o)

How's it going with the nose stuff? Hope your splints/straws & mini tampons have been removed

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

how nice!

Donna said...

Those are very nice socks!

Psst.....left a little something for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! they look great.