Thursday, August 02, 2007

YPF-The Friends Edition Part 1

I have to say my online friends are my best friends. We all help each other out, whether it's swapping our unloved yarn, finding treats, yarn, magazines, and whatever else we can't find locally.

Recently my Winter Cheer Pal Carrie send me a gift certificate to BMFA for my birthday. I was trying to wait for the new colors, but I couldn't, I had to get this one.
STR-Lightweight
Fire on the Mountain STR Lightweight
I've seen this colorway on the blogosphere and the pictures don't do it justice IMHO. Not even mine, I love it. It's going to be cuddled for a while longer before it is knit. ;)

005

007


STR-Lightweight
So many colors!


Zulugrass Aha! What is this!!! My own Zulugrass! Weezalana offered to look for these at her LYS and she scored these for me! *cough* she did tell me a few went home with her as you can see here! Carrie found a few other colors for me, I'll post a new picture with all of them together. I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but these I will wear, they are comfortable.


Stay tuned for next week, Friends-Part 2!

18 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hm, your Zulugrass bracelet and Fire on the Mountain kinda match!

I've actually seen fire on a mountain before--I wish it looked that pretty, hee hee!

Jess said...

My STR fire on the mountain was my desk pet for a long time before it was knit. I wound it into a cake and petted it and talked to it and stared at it for a loooooong time before it became socks. :)
Is that what it will be for you? Socks?

sgeddes said...

That color is on my list of wants! It is so pretty!

I love the beads! I hope to find some someday.

Anonymous said...

The colors in the post are so cheery--from the yarn to your jewelry! Love them both!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect purchase with your Winter Cheer pal's gift!

Your Zulugrass is just beautiful!

Carol said...

I can see why you had to buy that yarn. The colours are fantastic!

Stacey said...

I still haven't it up my FotM - I just keep petting it. You're right, pictures do not do it justice!

Batty said...

The beads are gorgeous. So are the yarn colors. I think I need a skein of that stuff.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a pretty color for you to pick! I love it! Wow, Weezalana is quick on the mailing...I am a slug! (probably why I sent you the gift certificate if I remember correctly too!). The other pretty bracelets shall be in the mail tomorrow!!

Happy Weekend!!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

fire on the mountain is stunning! The bracelets look great! I've been seeing them around the blogsphere and I'm jealous!

gilraen said...

I so concur!! Fire on the Mountain is my favourite so far. I too will 'play' with mine first, if I ever knit with it :)

Stacie said...

mmm... purdy gift yarn!! lucky you, you do have great friends!

cpurl17 said...

I have Fire on the Moutain too! we should have a FOTM KAL!

Love the zuzugrass!!

Anonymous said...

Great vibrant colors!

Anonymous said...

That's my one of my favorite colorways of STR. Can't wait to see what pattern you chose for it.

Jennifer said...

I love Zulugrass! Great colors. Fire on the Mountain is gorgeous as well.

Rain said...

Ooh that's pretty, I bet it will look gorgeous knitted up.

peaknits said...

my gosh, I just trekked everywhere and ended up with a fistful of these myself after seeing them on Scout's blog - they are so fun and versatile!