Monday, October 01, 2007

Socktoberfest 2007

Yes, another year of Socktoberfest. My goals this year are to knit 3 pairs this month. Yep, and finish a sweater...I can do it!! Two yarns are wound up and ready to go, 1 about to be. Two pairs are simple stockinette, mindless anywhere knitting, and 1 is lacey. Two pairs of them I will post about, 1 of them I will not...not until they are totally done and gifted. 1 pair of them is for Maggie .

(warning, picture heavy post! Trying to show the intensity of this yarn!) :)

Late last nite, just in the nick of time to count for September socks for SAM 4
September Socks

Garter Rib Socks Afternoon shot, sorry for the blasting white legs...tried to edit them out!
Garter Rib Socks Hehe..I call this the almost ballet pose!
Garter Rib Socks doo-doo-doo, just walking along pose ....
Garter Rib Socks Ha! Hoping you can see the colors in this yarn. It is amazing the intensity of the green and red/burgundy.

Garter Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks
Wollmeise Sockenwolle (psst..this is her website that is now open!!) (don't worry, I won't be there) ;) Must behave for SAFF at the end of this month!
Rhabarber Colorway- Dark Intensity
Way less than 1 skein, I still had 2.5 oz leftover
US 1 circ, magic loop
Knit cuff down

I'm getting better at picking up the stitches at the garter edge gussets. I do not like how the pattern has you take a stitch and switch them before you start the heel flap, says it's to center the pattern. Well I did it on the first sock, and I didn't like it, interefered with the flow of the garter part of the rib. So on the 2nd sock I didn't switch stitches and I can't tell a difference.

The yarn makes a lovely fabric and since it's still in the high 80's here :( my feet were sweating!

29 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those look fabulous!! I love that colorway...I'm off to go order it!! Finally its easier to order :)

And the garter rib pattern is one of my favorites...great job!! Socktoberfest here we come!

Anonymous said...

I must have a pair of those sock blockers!!! I love them!! Where did you get them?

Sarah Jackson said...

Lovely! They look great.

peaknits said...

Wow! Pretty! I love your rhubarber socks...anything Wollmeise - I too, must sit on my hands and avoid her site...though truth be told, I bookmarked it last night!:)

Anonymous said...

These area aweseome! Man it makes me want to break into another skein of Wollmeise! But no I have to remember that I have about 5 pairs of socks going right now... I really need to hurry up:)

Love the color, the pattern, everything about them! I am sure the recipient is very happy:)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Did you enjoy working with the Wollmeise?

Lauren said...

They look great!

Karen said...

So pretty. And wow, three pairs for October. You can do it, go go go!! Why is picking up gusset stitches so hard? It always take me at least two tries, even now, after I've knit about 20 pairs.

weezalana said...

Beautifully done! Very rich colors, too - kind of like a grown-up Gryffindor. ;)

cpurl17 said...

Three pairs??? I'll be happy if I get ONE!!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Great goals! I'll cheer you on!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Socktoberfest! These socks are absolutely awesome, what a very, very beautiful colorway! Your goals are certainly great - fingers crossed, and: You go, girl!!! ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

Love those! Named after one of my favorite foods!

Pinkwool said...

Very pretty, Z! You can def do 3 pairs this month, the house may not get cleaned and kids will go hungry but you can do it! Lol ;)

Checked her site and after looking at 4-5 colorways and seeing them sold out, I gave up. hehehe I love the Spice Market in the medium intensity. So pretty!

Sonya said...

Beautiful colorway! I think garter rib is just an attractive stitch.

Bezzie said...

I love your different poses! Hee hee!!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

they look great!

Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous socks!!!!

sgeddes said...

Those socks look very familiar to me! We'll have to have a photo of both of us wearing our socks together.

Carol said...

Not usre I can see the colours..I am blinded by the white legs..just kidding, my legs are pretty similar...I love the colours. Very fall-like!

Macoco said...

The burgundy and greens are so pretty together in those socks. Nobody should wear wool when it's in the 80s!

Rebel said...

Oh man! Socktober? A whole month of socks? I don't know if I should run and hide or just bow to the unrelenting tide of sock knitting.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks!

Emma said...

Awesome socks. Happy Socktoberfest!

Anonymous said...

Great socks, I just love the colors and all your poses, too.

TrixieG said...

I love that colorway. LOVE. Your socks look great!

lobstah said...

Awesome socks...they look so fall-like! Too bad the weather is being non-fall-like :( I'll have to send some of our crispiness down your way!

Anonymous said...

They are awesome! Good socks....perfect pattern for that color.