Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Still Wednesday!

Still Wip'ing away!

Sleeve Island! I am using a different increase method this time, a M1R and M1L, thanks everyone for your advice. I do like it better, no holes..well I did have 1 and promptly frogged it away. Hoping to finish sleeve 2 this week, block and seam all parts this weekend would be wonderful, then only the button band and neck to do! Still have 22 1/2 more days so I should be good...but I'm not waiting until the last minute.
Sleeve Island

I found a use for my Burly Spun I got in Seattle! A friend and I are making one (well she's finished hers, heh! and I'll post a picture of us both when we're done)
Hat on the cover See, I need this hat as it matches my sweater perfectly and I will have enough for one heck of a bulky scarf! You'll see a few more of these!
Hope they don't sit in the closet though..sigh still hot as heck round here!

Wonder what's inside?? Hey Cpurl! Heh!! This one's for you!!
(what goes around, comes around! ;)

I still have another 2 socks to cast on in the next day or so! Week 4 of the sewing machine saga--and talked with a coworker who knew of a person who waited 3....months...gah!! (she works there and still doesn't get hers done any quicker either!) Long weekend this weekend...yard work if cool outside..what a mess out there!

16 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Hey--are those my socks in there??

I think your hat is going to be super cute! One day we'll all meet up and wear our dorky hats--like a convention!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

How cute is that hat going to be! I might have to join in and make one too :)

Lauren said...

I have that hat on my list! I was going to swatch for it the other day, but the mag seems to have dissapeared. I think gnomes took it. I love the colors in your yarn!

Jo said...

I love the colour of your hat. Wait a second... I have that magazine. Had. I think I left it at my parents' house...

Sarah Jackson said...

It's all looking good! I'm sorry about the sewing machine saga. That's no fun at all.

gilraen said...

I love the yarn you are knitting that hat with!! :)

Sonya said...

That's going to be a cute hat! Doesn't sleeve island feel like it lasts forever?

weezalana said...

Those sleeves are looking good! And I love the colors of the burly spun, it's knitting up fab!

KnitPastis said...

Sleeves are really coming along!
Such a cute looking bag for Cpurl!
I hear you on the yard work. we might try to do a little bit ourselves. The grass is no longer green:)

Bezzie said...

Ooo! Great use for the burly spun. I always wonder what to use the chunky yarn for that won't make me look chunky. But a hat--there's an area I don't mind looking chunky in, my head!

Love that green on the EDC.

Anonymous said...

I think that hat is going to be great! Can't wait to see it finished.

The sleeves are looking great; love the color!

Anonymous said...

That's a great hat, I need to make myself a nice bulky hat. I've wanted one for ages, but keep putting it off.

Anonymous said...

That hat is on my to-do list, too! Great colour for it.

Anonymous said...

So glad you like the M1R and M1L! Definitely my preferred increase method!

Jennifer said...

The Burlyspun is gorgeous! It's going to make a very pretty hat.

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a very cool hat!