Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wednesday Not WIP

Sorry no WIP's this week, too busy printing postage and recovering, and my arms are sore from shots for work!! (I wished I didn't have any WIP's ;)

I present to you.........the Everyday Carptigan

Everyday Carptigan
Named Carptigan by our very own Turtlegirl! Why...well this past weekend I took it to SAFF for buttonage sewing. The night before I left...hubby requested his fish be fried....I did NOT burn it, but suffice it to say, said fish fumes gathered on it. (see...fish...carp...need I say more?)They (the fumes) did not gather on anything else in the house (your needle cases are safe!!) but just this...of course. Maybe it was the semi drying state of the wool...who knows.
Much was said by certain peeps about it being allowed near or in the room or vehicles...but they were nice and let the Carptigan come along. I didn't get to wear it and another kind soul sniffed it and didn't smell the obvious smells I did...heh...so much for nose surgery huh, now it invents smells!

Peace Fleece Everyday Cardigan Kit-Worsted
Hemlock Poashja Colorway
US 6 and 8 LM and KP circs
6 skeins

New techniques learned. Sleeveages in the round. Seaming, I love my Knitter's Companion for all seaming techniques all the time! (thanks Cpurl!). My first adult button band...oh rant on that...I could only get 7 out of 8...wth! And my first collar pick up.

I know you are all going to ask...no model picture..well there may never be! 10 pictures and they all stunk....badly. It barely buttons (yes I made the right size due to measurements) and even though I coerced 3 more inches, shorter than I like. Dropped sleeves or whatever you call them..not flattering to me. So unless I shrink or lose some frontage, it'll sit in the closet, looking pretty!

Did I also say this is my first adult sweater? Well, sometimes your first one doesn't always work out. So I'm not too upset (yeah now I can order another green yarn for another project). I've picked myself up and dusted off...hehe..Onward to the Tilted Duster, I know that won't be too short LOL!! Mucho thanks to Aimee for allowing me to try hers on for sizing! Woot!

Oh and despite pics you may have seen of me lately...um..no wheel yet (quite a while from that) and remember, I was busy spinning...hands were busy...um..couldn't do other things LOL!!! Yes I will post...part tomorrow and part Friday for YPF!

Until then......
PS only 1 needle case left!! Yay! um..yikes! More sewing to be done!

26 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! No one likes the birdies??? ;-)

That sucks that your cardigan has issues. It looks so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first adult sweater!!! And now you are off to start the Tilted Duster? I have queued that in my Ravelry... it looks so cute. How lucky you are to have a friend nearby that made it so you can try it on!

I look forward to seeing your progress :)

turtlegirl76 said...

I thought the fit was cute on you! You don't like it? =(

And that's OK Z - we all know you were inducted into the OCC.

Macoco said...

Oh no, fishy smelling wool??? Sounds like it needs an appointment with the febreeze. I'm so sorry that it doesn't fit because it is so pretty. But I share your pain because I just finished a vest that doesn't fit me at all. I call it the amazing growing vest because I truly think it's getting wider and wider as it hangs in my closet.

Lauren said...

regardless of fit it looks good and you should be proud! :)

Sarah Jackson said...

I'm so sorry that you're not happy with the fit. It is beautiful, and you should be very proud of your work. On to the next one!

Karen said...

It looks like a store-bought sweater . . . and I mean that in the best possible way. You should be very proud at your first attempt at sweater-making. How about just wearing it unbuttoned all the time? It's too cute to hang in the closet.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't able to wear to SAFF. It came out beautiful, well done!

weezalana said...

Well it looks great! Sorry it doesn't fit the way you want it to! Maybe you can gift it to someone for the holidays? That would be one present out of the way!

Anonymous said...

Well it sure looks pretty on the hanger!
Surely you could at least wear it around the house on cold days!!!

Jody said...

Awesome cardi - I mean carpi :)

Did you try blocking the hell out of it? Wool can do things you never though possible with enough pins!

Don't give up hope!

cpurl17 said...

oh yes, I can relate to the fit! but your sweater looks PERFECT!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Bummer about it not fitting well! That's kind of what happened with my Wicked (my first sweater). It fits. But a bit too short and then too big in the bust (I guess better to be too big, but still). Its pretty to look at. Oh well. Onward and upward.

It is very pretty!! And yay that the needlecases are almost all gone!! Nice to have a symbolic one left!!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty color for your cardigan!

Anonymous said...

It is lovely. Too bad it doesn't fit you better!

:)

Kay

Anonymous said...

Your cardigan looks great! Too bad it doesn't fit, but you will have so much more confidence and experience with your next.

Jennifer said...

I think your cardigan is very pretty! My first adult sweater didn't fit that well either.

Sonya said...

Poor everyday cardie. Doesn't fit and smells like fish. ;o) Chalk it up to a learning experience. (Can you tell I've had some experience with the pretty, but ill-fitting sweater?)

Batty said...

Great cardi, and fishy to boot!

Anonymous said...

You did such an awesome job on your sweater; it really sucks you won't get to enjoy wearing it!

Elspeth said...

Gorgeous sweater! It looks storebought (I think that's a compliment :) )

KnitPastis said...

It looks wonderful! This is your first sweater for yourself? Very good job on the color and button band!
Love the Tilted Duster pattern.
So you got shots too, mmm. Our arms are a little bit sore.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sweater! but too bad about the fit. I still have a few like that hanging in my closet thinking that somehow my body will magically change shape.

Karen said...

The sweater is beautiful. Too bad it doesn't fit. I'm afraid if I couldn't wear it I'd have to frame it. ; ) It's lovely and you did a wonderful job! I haven't seen the the Tilted Duster. I haven't spent much time on Ravelry yet. I'll have to look it up!

soapy said...

Congrats! It's looks wonderful!
I hope you get to enjoy it!
Wish it fit better!

Rebel said...

How did I miss this post??? It looks great! You did a fantastic job. I did ribbing on the collar too... and mine came out shorter than I would have liked. I think it's supposed to hit right at the waist, but I like my sweaters quite a bit longer than that. Live and learn.

RE: the fragrence.... can you put it outside for a while to air out?