Wednesday, November 28, 2007

WIPFO Wednesday

I gotta a WIP and a FO to show you! Thus the title...heh, witty today aren't I? Not!

Socks for Maggie
014
These are the Swirl Socks in DK superwash sock yarn from Twisted in the Netherfield colorway. This yarn is unbelievably soft!! More on this later with the FO post. I love DK weight...verrry fast! (well I'd be done this sock, but we won't go there....yet!)


Le' Lobstah Scarf
Z'Lobster Scarf
Rowan Scottish Chunky Tweed
Lobster Colorway-1 ball
US 13 KP Options w/40" cable
Cast on 100 or so stitches or until you get sick of casting on. Knit every row until you almost run out of yarn and pray you have enough to bind off. In this case, I used the leftovers from Zeebee hat to finish the bind off. Perfect size for me, about 50" long and 4" wide.

Z'Lobster Modeled by my daughter, geesh that hat looks better on her than me, but she's not getting it!

17 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

that red is pretty pretty! it looks fab!

hmmm, I might be stealing the idea for the scarf!

weezalana said...

I just love your techy pattern notes. ;)

Gorgeous reds! You may want to put those under lock and key, because you know how kids tend to "borrow" things when Mom's not looking. At least, I did. ;)

Bezzie said...

Ooo...you're gonna be one stylin' Mainer in that hat/scarf combo! Watch out--someone might try to slather your scarf in butter!

Sarah Jackson said...

Very nice! Perfect for a trip to Maine. And that model you found is gorgeous.

Batty said...

Warm! It's what came to mind, and there's nothing like being warm and pretty all at the same time. Very nice.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That model is gorgeous!! Come on mom, you can't at least knit her another zeebee?! THat color looks fabulous on her!!

Love the socks too!

Sonya said...

Love that hat and scarf! It's such a great shade of red. I have got to get some moose sock blockers.

Anonymous said...

Great hat and scarf! The color is gorgeous.

sgeddes said...

Love those socks. Such a nice colorway.

I love the red hat and scarf. The model is just beautiful! She looks a lot like you!

chemgrrl said...

I really like that sock yarn. I have some Twisted in my stash, maybe I should go dig it out. After Xmas...

Love the hat and scarf combo! I agree that they look really nice on your daughter, but stay strong. Don't let her have them. :)

Anonymous said...

Maggie will love those socks! Love the hat and scarf too.

Anonymous said...

Nice WIPFO!

turtlegirl76 said...

Eek! Only 100 stitches on size 13s? And you got 50"??? I did 200 on 15s. Good thing my sis is tall. Cool socks!

Jennifer said...

Love the projects! That red hat and scarf set is so cute.

peaknits said...

The socks are gorgeous - love how the Netherfield colorway is coming out! And the hat and scarf combo - awesome! I really need to make me a Zeebee.

Ragan Knits etc... said...

Love the swirl socks colorway. Ooooo...and the red hat + scarf.

Dipsy Doodle said...

That's indeed some very beautiful knits that you have there - especially the hat/scarf set in this awesome color! Great!