Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WIP Wednesday, the Merrlot Version

Yes, I did mean to add the extra "r" hehe.. No I'm not drunk either! ;)

All you get this week are these puppies! I'm bummed only a few rows of TD, but when one has a deadline, 1 must push that project ahead.

Merrlot Socks
Heh, quite a bit of progress since last week huh? I do admit, it is a bit time consuming, but you know, they'll both be done..soon. The green knitting line is where I'll be picking up the afterthought heel today. That'll be in the solid yarn.

I still have quite a bit of the variegated yarn left, so I'm going to do at least 3 more inches in that, then after the heels are done, use any of the solid yarn for cuffs. With my luck I'd do the cuffs first and not have enough for the heels.

Stay tuned in the next day or so for the FO and my thoughts on the afterthought heel.

Till then........

13 comments:

Bezzie said...

I love that little splash of green there--like on of the grapes wasn't ripe!

thegabbyknitter said...

You have mad a lot of progress! They look great.

Jess said...

I was kind of excited about the little greeny bit in there. I thought that was pretty cool. haha. A heel will also be cool. And needed. :)

msubulldog said...

I haven't done an afterthought heel before, so I'm excited to see one done in "real life"!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I've done the afterthought heel just twice on Christmas stockings that I was felting. I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

Lauren said...

I'm excited to see your afterthought heel. I've been curious about them recently.

sgeddes said...

Quite a bit of work done this week on those!

I'm curious about the afterthought heel too. I'm looking forward to your opinion.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow those are almost done! Great job! We learned about the afterthought heel in our class this weekend....so glad you can try it out and show us! Love the color!

cpurl17 said...

Well pour yourself a glass of Merlot and finish those babies up. You'll notice that I have not finished ONE pair of socks for SAM 5, :(

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh you know, with the afterthought heel, two at once might not be a bad idea. Lemme know how you like it.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

hmmmm, so why do you have the little markers on the corners?

Anonymous said...

Oohhh...nice merrlots!

weezalana said...

Suuuure, that's what all drunk people say...

I'm with Bobbi, I'm more curious about the stitch markers in the toes!