Friday, May 16, 2008

YPF-yet another green

I guess I'm on a major green kick, sadly only knitting with red right now though!

069
Malachite Colorway from
The YoYo
Sport weight merino yarn (Louet base!!) :)
3.9 oz / 110 g*
250 yards*
US 3-5 Needle: 5-6 stitches / inch

070
I love it, so soft!!! Also the fact that it's not one solid color, hey, I don't know the technical term...um..would one say semi-solidness??

072

071
Oh well, I am thinking of using it for Pearl's Diamond Socks. Stay tuned...I'm craving knitting with some green, but trying to be good and finish my red stuff!! gah!!!

15 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Mmmm green. That's some pretty stuff!

Bezzie said...

I just spun something with the same color name and seriously nearly the same color. Isn't it beautiful??

Anonymous said...

Ooh that yarn is lovely... I would love to see Pearl's Socks in that! I too am stuck finishing older projects these days... but I want to knit red things!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oooh so pretty!

weezalana said...

Very pretty! And it looks so soft!

gilraen said...

Oh I love!! Very Slytherin too!! :D

Anonymous said...

That is such a pretty green!

DPUTiger said...

I totally drooled over that yarn but chose to pass. Glad you love it! :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm green with envy over that sqoushiness!! However, I shall resist the link :)

sgeddes said...

Love the green! I think green is always one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

That is some gorgeous yarn! It'll be the perfect yarn for Pearl's Diamond socks.

Green is one of my favorite colors, but I hardly ever knit with it - gotta fix that.

soapy said...

very cool muted green colorway!

peaknits said...

oh my, love the green! I have had a new affection for all things sport weight lately - well, this gorgeous stuff is NO exception! Thanks for sharing!

Batty said...

I'm also on a green kick. That yarn is gorgeous! I love yarns that are variations of the same color, that way, the pattern doesn't get overpowered.

J.P. said...

I. Love. This. Yarn.