Friday, October 17, 2008

YP & Friends Friday

Well this week I get to combine pr0n by a friend. We had been reading each other's blogs for a while, and when sKNITches was first opened, I was lucky and scored her very first Limited Edition . I still can't bring myself to knit it up yet. (Wow, 2 yrs ago) Since then I've acquired quite a few of her yarns and have allowed myself to knit with some. ;) I have a toe finished in another colorway .

Recently debuted is her new yarn base Big Tryst and her Duckies sock pattern. I love these socks and the colorway.
009
Cinnamon Teal Duck (hehe I keep calling it Duck Teal...duh)
Big Tryst-DK weight
80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon
Approx. 250yds
"pond brown, pink webbed feet, teal bill" describes it well


Cinnamon Duck Teal
Very, very soft and squooshy. I bet socks in these will be so comfy.

Big Tryst
I so wished I didn't have like 4 sock pairs in progress, cause I want to knit a pair now....patience...must have patience....

Good thing I waited until after her recent update to let you know huh ;) well, not on purpose, it just turned out that way.

16 comments:

MsKnottyKnits said...

I love it when you share!! Beautiful yarn - thanks for sharing the link!

Bezzie said...

That is very ducky! I can see how you're having a hard time restraining yourself!

sgeddes said...

Beautiful! I'd go ahead and start another pair!

Jo said...

It's very peaceful and muted.

Julie said...

What great colors! Sometimes its nice to have a great yarn waiting for you, it makes you knit faster so you can get to the good stuff!

Karen said...

Oooohhh, so pretty. And I bet the cashmere makes it SO SOFT!!

Jess said...

Gorgeous! What a nice color/fiber combo!

DPUTiger said...

Very pretty! After falling down and going BOOM on yarn a little too much this week, I'm back on the wagon. Hell, if I just knit from sock stash, I wouldn't run out for about two years! :)

Anonymous said...

Such lovely soft colours. It's hard not to want to keep casting on for something new when there's such wonderful yarns to keep trying. Willpower!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is just gorgeous!!! I have a few skeins of her Syncopation (because I loved your Seriously socks!)! But the cashere....so sqoously!! Must not click link. NOpe. Not gonna do it.

gilraen said...

Oh my!! It is stunning!! I love the colour combination, just wonderful :)

weezalana said...

That looks soooo squoooshy! I'm so bummed I can't wear cashmere! Wah!

KnitPastis said...

I know! It's so soft! I just got a skein myself. Like you saving it for that special pair of socks:)
I like this color!

Anonymous said...

Love the color! I have a few skeins of sock yarn that I don't want to knit up yet because I enjoy just holding them and looking at the gorgeous color. Weird, huh?

Anonymous said...

This yarn is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh your pics are terrific! I look forward to seeing what you knit with it.