Thursday, September 28, 2006

YPF!!!

Yarn Pr0n Friday! It's here, and gonna make you...drool (or not ;) Sknitches has a limited edition sock yarn with each update. When I saw this one, my mouth started drooling and probably won't stop even after it is knitted!

I couldn't wait to receive it in my hands, and once I did, I promptly went out and got some sad excuse for Macintosh apples...sniff...sniff....one things I miss dreadfully about leaving Maine..each fall, these apples. Now I can get them locally, but not as fresh as can you say it...right off the freaking tree!! Used to get in trouble all the time during our cross country training runs near the orchard because of these apples...ok...back to reality!!

Posed atop some not too bad Mac's. Look at the colors...see what I mean! Perfectly matched!


These shots were all taken outside, but this one reveals a little more reddish/yellowish tint and still looks yummy enough to eat.


All of the many colors that represent the Macintosh apple truly appear, thus for the afore mentioned drooling... ;)

Um...still drooling here!

Gratiutious aerial shot here, and I'd better go get a bib, cause I'm still drooling here!


Off to get my shaker of salt (don't worry, I don't use a lot!) , a knife, napkin.....and of course..an apple! Thanks for stopping by! :)

21 comments:

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning yarn!!!! And I hope you enjoy your apples too. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the yarn! I can't wait to see it turned into something gorgeous!

Rain said...

Ooh, that's lovely.

I'm more of a golden delicious girl myself...

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow. How creative a shoot is that? WOnderful! Wow. The colors really do perfectly represent the Macintosh. Gorgeous. I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the yarn, really great pics too!

Salt and apples? Never heard that before. :P

aija said...

Wow, I love seeing your pr0n! Awesome thing to wake up to, thanks! :)

Sarah said...

Beautiful!

And wow, it sure does match the apples perfectly!

love it!

cpurl17 said...

Wow, what a great YP post! Ilove your photographs and the yarn + apples is so yummy looking!

sgeddes said...

I love how you used the apples in the shot! the yarn is great. very similar color scheme to mine!

I prefer granny smiths, but I use salt too. I aolso put salt on watermelon.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so the yarn is stunning... but I definitely just got a little misty! I grew up in Boston, and spent every summer in Maine, and each Fall we would drive to Vermont or Western Mass and pick apples with my grandparents... I miss that! Thanks for taking me back... and happy YPF!

Bezzie said...

I got the sneak preview, so you already know what I said! Hee hee!

Avrienne said...

I'm a Granny Smith girl all the way, but they would make as good a yarn as a Mac. What is it with the food and yarn combos this week? First chocolate, now apples...

Mag said...

I wondered if someone would do apples and yarn for fall! Yummy! The pics are great!

Dk's Wife said...

The yarn looks just like the apples. Very pretty!

Jennifer said...

Oh my! That's some lovely yarn, and yummy looking apples!

Anonymous said...

I am drooling along with you!

Knitty Cent said...

oh boy, I've gotta add more apples to my diet after reading this! LOVE your photography. :-D

Anonymous said...

That's some gorgeous yarn! Matches the apples perfectly.

Jo said...

Wow - those do match amazingly well. I love the colour combination.

Jo

soapy said...

Yes perfect!

roxy =^o^= said...

Awesome awesome yarn pr0n --- those apples are perfect!


BIG HUGS TO MY FAVORITE Z

:)

xo
Anne