Saturday, September 30, 2006

O is for......


Ocean Socks! Yay they are done, and not too bad a job if I say so myself!! (modeled by DD as the pictures do come out better...only problem is..well she can wear them too!) Done mainly for the Mystery Sock KAL where you knit a sock without a picture! It was a little difficult at the start as I stated before, and the second one didn't want to go too smoothly in the midpart...guess I was too excited to get done in time for the Sock a Month KAL2 September sock! (which I did, Yay!) Thanks again to my pal Cpurl for helping me out when I needed it!

Yarn is the Storm Colorway from Heather in a light sportweight I think. It knit really nice (well when I didn't have to tink quite a bit on the last one LOL!!) Used my Brittany size 3 dpns. They fit well and are pretty comfy.

So, now to Socktoberfest socks! I hope to knit a cabled pair, Anastasia socks, and possibly another pair. All socks all the time LOL! (well probably not) I'd love to knit at least 2 pairs we shall see.

OK! Now for the Knitty Blogstalking assignment. I didn't do last weeks, as well, we get our movies from Netflix and have a small amount...so..oh well!

Take a picture of your oldest UFO!!! and here it is! The Scoop du Jour from Chic Knits, which I started in July 05! It isn't a hard project, I just got distracted by so many other things (one being the knittyboards LOL!)

Cottonease in Ice Blue, you can see the back and the left front 1/2 way done on the left and the tiny, tiny start of the right front. Just need to finish it..soon I will...this is my first sweater and it's not done...hmmmm. I have a project that is 2 months younger than this....but another time for that! Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Bezzie said...

I love your socks!!!

Nice UFO. And a little over a year old isn't too bad!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks!

cpurl17 said...

your socks are cute!!

your UFO is going to be pretty!

sgeddes said...

I love these socks! I also an looking forward to seeing your Scoop dejour - that's one pattern I've wanted to do!

Ragan said...

Your socks are great! I love the colorway!

lobstah said...

I like the socks!

Anonymous said...

I love the socks, they turned out awesome!
I can't wait to see the UFO completed.

KnitPastis said...

Your Ocean socks are so cool!! I think you already know that I have ..at least I think I have this pattern of SCoop du Jour. When I get in the mood one day..I plan to knit it too!! I wish you would finish your's so I can see what it looks like.

lexa said...

Love the color of your socks! I almost picked ocean socks, but I ended up with aran braid. Got the first one almost done -- I'm slow!