Wednesday, December 03, 2008

And another one...

Hat and scarf/cowl set for my Aunt. Both sets are blocking now and hoping to be in the mail by Friday.

Amanda Hat Malabrigo! So soft! I had a skein and about 1/2 leftover from my Le'Slouch hat (which is finally blocking now with the others! Maybe it'll fit better.)
Amanda Hat
Don't you love the crown decreases!

I love this hat, sad that it'll be leaving, but I know it'll be so appreciated.
Side View
Amanda Hat (see her right sidebar for the pattern link and her new hat Armando.)
Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Col China Colorway
US 9 Inox 16" circular and Clover dpn's

Its an easy pattern, I really liked knitting the stitch pattern. Once you got it, you could just knit on and on...but don't try to fix a mistake...um..er..

I liked the stitch pattern so much I tried knitting a button cowl using it. I decided on a button cowl so she could adjust it, and not have to pull it over her head.

oh..no..what happened to the stitch pattern.
Garter button scarf

Well, it wasn't working as well as I wanted to and I didn't want to waste any more time so I just knitted a few rows, made 2 buttonholes, and knit until I was satisfied it would stretch and fit her. Blocked it is 24" long.

Yarn, same as above, however....I double stranded it and used US 13 needles. Verry quick knit.
Psst..I cast on 15 stitches if ya wanna know!
Buttons Close up I love those buttons. Got them at Joann's.

Gosh..I'm getting Tired...
I just wished she would stop making me model!!

18 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

Really beautiful! I love that stitch pattern on the hat and the yarn is yummy.

Sandra said...

lucky aunt of yours!

Bezzie said...

Beautiful hat and a great stash sucker it looks like!

Discoknits said...

wow, you are cranking out the FOs right now. Very pretty yarn. I love those little scarfy things with the buttons.

chemgrrl said...

Pretty! I love that hat.

sgeddes said...

I love the colors and that is a great little set. You'll have to make yourself one of those hats! I love mine.

Amanda said...

I have a HAT? Oh, happy day! *runs off to download pattern*

Seriously - they are beautiful, and I love that colorway. Mmmmm..alibrigo. Your aunt will love them!

Anonymous said...

I just love the Amanda hat; I've made a couple and plan to make an Amanda and Armando set for my dad and stepmom. I love the matching cowl.

Karen said...

So pretty, and what's not to love about Malabrigo, right? I know your aunt will love them and they will help keep her warm. My thoughts are with her.

Anonymous said...

Your knits are so pretty! So lovely!

kemtee said...

Preeetty colors. There's something to be said for instant gratification knits.

Anonymous said...

Great gifts! And now more projects for my queue, and just maybe more excuses for more Malabrigo? ;)

Beverly said...

I love that scarf-y cowl-y thing. I may have to try making one for myself (if I can ever get through a little more of my current queue. Love the colors.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'm sure she loves modeling!! Because she looks absolutely fabulous in it!! Too bad its not for her....

Great hat and love the cowl!!! Mmmmmmmalabrigo!

Stacey said...

wow, those are beautiful! :D

KnitPastis said...

Yes, lucky Aunt to get these! You are popping out these knits like crazy:) Good looking hat and scarf.

Mag said...

That is gorgeous. What a great gift. I have just the yarn for that.

weezalana said...

Those are simply gorgeous! Love the colors, too! That's one lucky aunt!