Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The hard to capture colorway that has....

become my Cotty Socks ! I'm still shooting with 2 camera's. I need to get used to the wee one!
awww do I have to model pic
courtesy of my semi-unwilling-model daughter!

Heel Pic!
Heel pic! I like the patterning down the side. While knitting the heel flap I found out why I've been having troubles when I knit the 2nd stitch on the purl row. (you know the first one is slipped) it's all in where you have your working yarn, in the front or back.

Sock 1 went quite fast....Sock 2, made me say a few bad words!!! The pattern repeat was super easy for me to memorize, (I'm so bad at this...need my cheat sheets a lot) so by Sock 2, one would think it would go fast...um...not... darned YO's! Heh, and I think I want to knit more lacey things!
Rear pic
Rear view--I just love how a few different stitches, arranged in a certain order, make this patterning. I just want to say "how do they do that". I could so never be a pattern writer...no patience whatsoever!
Cotty Socks
Cotty Socks in Nancy Jean Colorway (ok, do you call this magenta, purple, or what??)
The Plucky Knitter MCN Sport
US 3 circular, Magic looped
Started May 3, 2009
Finished May 26, 2009

Hawt dog! The fastest I've ever knit a pair...err...I think...(yes I know it's sportweight!) and I've even been knitting on my February Lady and Tomatillo as well.

Thank you Carrie for an easy to knit pattern, just what I needed! :)

19 comments:

MsKnottyKnits said...

Ohhh!! Those are lovely!

More lace projects?? Yay!!!!

Cat said...

I love that pattern and color.

Hugs!!

Corrina said...

Very nice!

knittingdragonflies said...

So cute I love that pattern!!
Vicki

turtlegirl76 said...

Very pretty! I love the color you picked. They look great. Love that heel flap detail.

Stacey said...

wow, that color is so gorgeous! beautiful socks!

Lindsay said...

I just saw your socks on Ravelry and they're absolutely stunning! I love them! I can't wait to knit that pattern and the color you chose is just beautiful!

Chris said...

Whatever the color, those are gorgeous socks!

tiennie said...

Those are so pretty! I really like that color. :)

Marissa said...

Awesome! And bright!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay!!! Those are absolutely gorgeous! I just love knitting with sport weight yarn! And quick too!

Love the model shots!

Carol said...

Love them....

sgeddes said...

Very nice! I like the details on the heel and at the cuff.

I vote that the color looks more magenta than purple - at least on my screen.

Marisol said...

These are awesome Zonda! I have the Cotty pattern too. You just inspired me to knit the top half of my cat bordhi socks in this pattern. I started a pair at sock camp and had been struggling with a pattern to use for the leg portion. This is it!

chemgrrl said...

Oh so pretty! Wow, those are nice. Love the purple.

weezalana said...

Those are fabulous!!!

Montreal Mama said...

Great sock Zonda! Love the color! (My new fave color now!)

Cookie said...

So cute!

Bezzie said...

I love that color! And i love the way Cotty keeps the high-wear areas plain. Good idea!