Friday, May 29, 2009

YPF-I wish I was....

Beached, well you know at the beach, relaxing and listening to the waves....hubby hates the beach and so does my skin, thus we don't get to go too often. One day, I'd love to live by/on the beach, I just love listening to the ocean.

Just look at this interesting twisty yarn....
017
Twisted is a 3-ply worsted weight yarn, 2 plies are wool and 1 ply is superwash wool.

020
What you are seeing on each section of color is just how that superwash ply takes the dye.

015
I don't know the inspiration of this particular colorway, I can figure out the blue for the ocean, tan for the sand, but as for the burgundy color...not sure.

Twisted by Blue Moon Fiber Arts in Beached Colorway
560 yds of worsted weight
016
I'm planning on knitting a Shawl that Jazz with mine. Endless garter....ahh....I think it will make a great vacation knit! 4 weeks till vacation!!! I think I'll take this, the Lady E and maybe a sock or two...or my Lizard ridge, or.....funny that we plan our knitting before the rest of the stuff you need....

14 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hm, I was thinking more the color of a whale who gets beached???

We go once a year--It's always such an ordeal to get everything in order to go--but so relaxing once we do!

turtlegirl76 said...

I think it's the anemones that inspire the purple. Read your dyers notes for the Incredible Shrinking violet and I think you'll see why I say that. Just the pics alone. =) It's beautiful!

Sandra said...

Realy love that coloreway!
When we go to the vacation I always bring like 3-4 knitting projects, but can't remember finish more that 1!

MsKnottyKnits said...

Purdy yarn, Z!

One must pack with enough room for yarn - heaven forbid we can't take all that we require (plus leaving room for all of the new yarn we pick up!)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty yarn!

Only four weeks? It'll be here before you know it!

Unknown said...

Tina showed us a lot of tide pool/Oregon coast shots at Sock Camp. Lots of neat color variations w/the tide pool creatures like anemones & organic growth formations on the rock formations on the Oregon shoreline, especially compared to a typical "tropical" beach.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I so heart this colorway! That is going to make a gorgeous Shawl that Jazz! Just lovely in Twisted!

Carol said...

Burgundy/purple for hte sunset?

Karen said...

I see seaweed and shells in the burgundy / pink. :) And I'm afraid to say this for fear of repercussions, but I think I kind of take the beach for granted. I've always lived on the coast with the beach never more than a few minutes away by car. I love it, I just don't think I appreciate it as much as I should.

weezalana said...

He hates the beach?!? Uhoh. I think it's time to find a new husband. Hehehe. ;)

Maybe the purple is the beginning of the sunset?

DPUTiger said...

I want to get some twisted for that exact project, but I can't make up my mind what colorway I want. Wish I could shop in person!

Manda said...

PRETTY! I didn't like the colorway that much after seeing it knit up in another project, but your skein of yarn is beautimous. :) I can't wait to see how your Shawl That Jazz comes out. I ordered some Twisted (in Dutch Canyon), but I'm still waiting patiently (well, I'm trying to be, anyway!) for it to arrive. :)

cpurl17 said...

I think it's going to make a fabulous Shawl that Jazz!

I stalled on knitting mine--it is row after row of garter--perfect for movies!

Batty said...

Ooooh, pretty yarn!