Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baby Snug....

My latest baby knit that I finished in October for a virtual baby shower in November. I forgot to post it.

Presenting the baby snug, not to be confused with that other snug thingy either ;)

Just another view
Snug by Hinke
Berroco Comfort Chunky in blue, 2 skeins
US 10 circular
Mods: Interesting construction. My first time doing afterthought sleeves (well what I call them) Beware when folding in half to sew the shoulders before you start the sleeves. I didn’t realize the row I ended on so on the left side I had to knit reverse (if it was a knit row I had to purl and visa versa) There was a line too at the shoulder. It’ll be fine and baby won’t notice. Just beware what row you end the body on.

I used 3 needle bind off of hood. Super easier than grafting. I did graft the shoulder/neck area though. I used the entire 2 skeins of the chunky!

Button detail
Also used faux wood buttons that are washable. I really wanted the toggles, but they weren’t washable.

Out in the wild waiting on the baby :)
Baby Snug Sweater
If you knit this, don't forget to slip the first stitch...makes the bottom look better...

Matching accessories!
Twist hat and wee mitts

Twist Hat,Wee Mitts w/string,and socks
Wee hat
BellaModen Sport- The Historian Colorway. Perfect for a boy I think and maybe a girl too ;) I just love this hat!

Wee socks
I knit these Magic 28 socks back in February. I included them in the package as I didn't have enough yarn to finish the mate to the wee sock you see below. :( At least baby will have socks to grow into :)

The pair that almost was...
Hard to believe 1 skein of sportweight yarn knit a hat, mitts with string, and 2.5 socks...

All together
I think the entire ensemble matches quite well!

8 comments:

Kaye said...

Lucky baby!

Ha ha, I didn't even make the other snug thingy connection till you said it--and it's blue! Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

That will be one snug baby! Very cute projects.

dianne said...

Great ensemble! I especially love the twist hat. It looks good in any color! You got a lot of mileage out of the one skein. I haven't seen that brand locally, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Affiknitty said...

So cute! They all look great together.

Lynn said...

that is a very cute gift!!!!!

Batty said...

Goodness, they're cute! I want that hat in an adult size... it's fabulous, I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen wearing it, and I'm in my 30's. That's going to be one well-dressed baby.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

What a great gift! I'm sure the recipient will love them! I want to knit that sweater for Quentin too! I saw it on Ravelry a while back. Is it a good knit?

Mel said...

That whole gift is so cute! I'm putting that sweater in my queue. And exciting to see my Twist pattern out in the wild knit by someone I know through the 'net (I'm still loving the needle case you made me). :) Oh, and fyi Batty, I do have a version of the Twist hat out for adults, it's Twist Again. :)