Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Ten on Tuesday--and Winners!
This week's topic is 10 Last Minute Gifts:
1. Dishcloths--whip up a couple and put in a nice basket with some fancy dishsoap. I love the Method products.
2. Gift cards--Some people think they are tacky, or that someone didn't take the time. I personally don't. I would much rather get a gift card then a gift I'll never use...However! Try to make sure the gift card can be spent online, or make sure the place is local to them.
3. Bakery goods--If you are a baker, a plate of goodies, loaf of bread (yeast, banana, pumpkin, etc..
4. Candles--Especially really good scented ones that someone may not splurge on. Vanilla is a good one usually....personally, I love fruity and cinnamony scents.
5. Club of the month--I've never done it, but maybe a fruit, candy, etc.
6. Hat or scarf--maybe you have some finished just sitting around or if you are really a fast knitter, a one night project...not me ;)
7. Flowers--maybe something that can be planted when the weather is nice or a cactus or ?? hehe..can you see I'm running outta stuff here ;)
8. Gift basket--Load it full of favorites of the person you are gifting to. I think a lot cheaper if you do it yourself. I just did one for our knitting guild and got a lot of stuff on sale, got a cheap basket and plastic bag and voila!
9. Subscription to a magazine, online or not. Netflix...
10. Offer a home cooked meal...yes I ran outta ideas...sorry ;)
Thanks for all your comments on my blogiversary! Glad to see familiar names and some new ones too :)
Winner of an Irishgirlieknits pattern of your choice is:
ETA: she's got a few new ones out and more to come this week... just sayin' :D
Yarn or Fiber Winners are:
Please email me your color preference and yarn or fiber choice so I can get your prizes to you :)
Thanks for playing everyone! Have a Merry Christmas!!