Thursday, December 16, 2010

Been so busy...

I'm a wee late to celebrate my 5th blogiversary! (well only a day ;)
It's been an interesting 5 years. I've met a lot of people online, and some in real life, started knitting lace and socks which I didn't think I'd ever do (mainly the lace part ;) Now spinning..yikes, no more crafts!!

It's been a busy week and hopefully after our Knitting guild party this Saturday, I can relax a bit and get some knitting done on a test knit and a sweater you haven't seen yet. Have no idea where my sock mojo has gone...does it count that I have like 3 in progress..

Monday evening had daughter and I playing with chocolate...
046
Farthest away is pecan, middle is butterfinger, front is well, you can see holiday deco candies. So many possibilities to decorate those pretzel rods ;)
Pretzel packages...
Now they sit in these cute bags...

No, wait, I mean these bags...
Guild gift bags
Wonder what else is inside?

Lest you think I'm a perfect baker...sometimes I fail..
flatty whoopie pies
Case in point...flatty whoopie pies...we won't talk about the extra crunchy batch either ;) Waaaa I wish I hadn't lost my Mom's recipe!! I have been unable to get it right...

Mini bundt cake fail...well sorta..
baking fail becomes...
They don't look too bad here, but when you have a double batch of batter and only 12 able to cook at a time and yeah, you have to wash the pan after each batch..um..nope... I made a larger bundt cake and the rest is turning into these!

Thank you to my friends both online and in real life! Your laughs, encouragements, enabling to purchase things, and just sticking around and reading cheers me up to no end.

There will be prizes so just leave a comment and I'll pick 5 winners, one for each year of blogging. What are the prizes you ask?

In no particular order:

**1 pattern of your choice by Irishgirlieknits. She tells me that I inspired her to blog more. Well blog more she did and now she's a pretty awesome designer travelling all over and meeting lots of you...(yes I am a wee bit jealous, I wanna meet her IRL!)
**Yarn..hah of course! 2 winners
**Braid of spinning fiber--sorry you gotta spin this yourself ;) 2 winners

So leave a comment and check back here Monday to see if you've won. Of course if you are a fiber winner and you don't spin, I'll make sure you get yarn and visa versa.

College guy comes home Friday so I'm sure I'll be busy cooking his favorite dinners and trapsing all around town with him. I'm on call for the holidays...please let my pager be silent...


32 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years since we swapped a book for a needle case. Happy 5 years, my friend.

Lindsay said...

You put my holiday preparations to shame!! Those pretzel rods look delicious. Happy Blogiversary! Hopefully now that my semester is finally over I can find time to visit mine once in a while.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary! And the pretzel things look yummy. :D

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilyn said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary Zonda! I'm still loving the needle cases you sewed for me. :) Here's to many more wonderful years of blogging and sharing your creativity with us!
-marilynknits from Ravelry

Bezzie said...

Oh yum!!! I'll be the WPs still taste good though. And your bundt cake fail is the reason I don't make bundt cakes anymore if I can help it! LOL!

Bummer about being on call. I'm on call too. At least what you're on call for is worthwhile though. You're helping people, not DBs on trial.

Beverly said...

Congratulations! 5 years - that's terrific! I always enjoy your blog. :)

KARIN said...

Congratulations on 5 years! I love the pretzels!

dianne said...

Happy Blogiversary! Those cake balls look yummy! Enjoy having your son home. I understand that one for sure. DH always says we never eat as good as we do as when the boys are home :-)

turtlegirl76 said...

Happy Blogiversary! I always forget mine. It was back in November or October. Heck I don't remember. I'd have to look it up. But it's been a great 5 years indeed! Keep it up.

And I'm intrigued by the mini bundt cakes. I've never seen mini pans.

Marissa said...

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for NO BEEPS! (As unlikely as that is, early, quick calls that have you back home in 20 minutes- hands and chests only! No ivp's!!)
Happy Blogiversary!!

Krysstyllanthrox said...

I've had baking fails this season too. Oatmeal cookies that just tasted wrong. Another cookie recipe done in bar form that was mostly ok, but not quite right. Etc. Must be something in the air.

I'm making a chess cake this weekend and if it doesn't turn out I'm hanging my apron up for a month.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so yummy!!!! Have a wonderful visit with your college guy.

Merry Christmas.

Affiknitty said...

Your treats look wonderful!
Congratulations on 5 years of blogging! I really enjoy your blog. Happy holidays.
Shannon

Mary Beth said...

Happy Blogiversary! Those chocolate pretzels look tasty!

Karen said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Why do I feel the sudden need to make chocolate covered pretzels now? ARGGHHH!!!

cheryl j said...

It's been 5 years I've only just found you so keep up the great work!

Karen said...

Happy bloggy day!

Lynn said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! Great job!

Playing with chocolate is fun! And you got some yummy goodness out of it too. And even if the bundts didn't come out perfect, I bet they were still yummy! I've never made Whoopie Pies, but Paula Deen has a recipe that looks yummy.

Discoknits said...

We have a new cupcake shop in our community. She makes 'cakepops' with her cake disasters - mixes the sponge cake with frosting, rolls into balls, pops it on a lollipop stick, voila!...... cakepops!!! They are the yum!
Although I think I'd take your chocolate pretzels - LOVE!

Knitting Kris said...

Happy 5th Blogiversay! Even your so-called "flops" look fine!
Hoping that you get to spend some time knitting or spinning this weekend!

silverfox said...

Happy 5th Blogiversary. I really enjoy reading your blog. Don't worry about your great baking-it will taste great and be scarfed down in a heartbeat!!

Jo said...

Happy Blogiversary (and Willow wants one of the red velvet bundt cakes!)

kemtee said...

I have to say, I've finally gotten past the ugly chocolate chip disaster of last year.

(And not for nothing, even a flat whoopie pie beats NO whoopie pie. I'm just sayin'.)

5 more years?

Kassia said...

Happy Blogiversary! I found your blog through Irish Girlie-- I think I will be following you too now! :)

ACraftyKnitter said...

Happy blogiversary! I've been doing the Christmas baking thing too- my kitchen smells AMAZING, but my waist-line may be suffering a bit (really, I have to test cookies from each batch to make sure they came out well- right?)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary! I love to bake but I think having a baking fail every several baking events helps maintain balance in the world :) My last baking fail wasn't even my fault. I made two (ultimately perfect) pies for Thanksgiving and my dog climbed on the counter and ate half of one.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years is a great accomplishment

Penelopesweb said...

can't believe it's been 5 years. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Wow I did not know about your blog till Irishgirlie mentioned, I am adding you to my life. What a fun contest.

D Louise said...

Oooh. Those crumbs look like perfect candidates for Cake Pops which I learnded about from Gluten-Free Girl and Bakerella!

No, I DON'T spin--my one experience convinced one and all that I should just skip THAT craft...thank goodness!

berlinBat said...

If the contest is not close yet - count me in! In any case: happy happy happy happy happy blogiversary!