Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
10 Favorite Oscar Winning Movies:
In no particular order....
1. The English Patient - huge crush on Ralph Fiennes....sigh, men with an accent ;)
2. West Side Story - I do like musicals :)
3. The Sound of Music - I loved it all, the singing, scenery, storyline....
4. The Silence of the Lambs - Clarice....... still gives me the chills!
5. Forest Gump - run Forest, runnnnnnnnn
6. Schindler's List - chilling definately, but a good story. Great acting too.
7. The Greatest Show on Earth - I like it :)
8. Terms of Endearment - much like Steel Magnolias, it's a hard movie for me to watch :(
9. Gone With the Wind - my favorite line..."Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn!"
10. Rocky - yo' Adrian!!
I do like old movies, and around here, we see lots of them, plus wartime ones. I have to admit, the last few Oscar winning movies I've had no desire to even see. Out of the last 5 winners, I've only seen bits of No Country for Old Men...
Now is my list of what should have been Oscar winning movies! ;)
1. Casino Royale - um..er...Daniel Craig ;)
2. Quantum of Solace - ditto Daniel Craig, he's my favorite James Bond.
3. Defiance - double ditto Daniel Craig, but I have to admit, when hubby and daughter wanted to see this at the theatre I said, meh..but went to spend time with them. Brought my knitting and started to knit...until you know who appeared on the screen. But seriously, this is a really good movie.
4. Steel Magnolias - I think Sally Field did a wonderful job in this. But the scene stealer was Shirley MacLaine....Weezer....
5. The Shawshank Redemption - in the end, Andy got out, and Ellis got to join him, and the Warden got his just desserts.
6. Star Wars - What are they up to now...like 77 ;) Nothing to me better than the original.
7. Vertigo - Love Alfred Hitchcock movies, this one was my favorite.
8. ET - ET phone home....
9. Psycho - again Alfred Hitchcock, chilling and for a while after I first saw it, taking a shower was a bit scary ;)
10. Saving Private Ryan - very realistic and sad scenes.
There you have it, maybe you've found one you've not seen yet...or not ;)