Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Funky Junkies Cowl Swap 2011

A few months ago, I joined a cowl swap in the Funky Junkies spinning group.  We just had to spin the yarn and knit the cowl.  Sounds not too bad huh.

Well add moving into the mix and it makes it a wee bit more difficult.  I managed, but it wasn't the brightest move on my part ;)  I finished by the deadline though so that's good :)

Here it is in fiber form
Funky Carolina

Spun up
Ground Flowers


004
Funky Carolina Superwash Merino
Ground Flowers Colorway
4 oz.
approx. 217 yds
13/15 wpi
Sport/dk/worsted weight


003

Then knit up into the Gray Gardens Cowl.
Gray Gardens Cowl
US 8 circular
No mods :)
Used 133 yds of my handspun

Here is the I-cord bind off.  I'll use that one again!
Icord bind off

I-cord cast on.  That was a bit fiddly, but easy to do, I'm sure I'll use it again.
I cord cast on
I had 84 yds of yarn leftover which I sent to her :)

7 comments:

Knitting Kris said...

This is lovely, from start to finish! I love handspun!

Discoknits said...

I see bats(?) like that and think they look so dark. But look how bright it turned out. Amazing! Beautiful cowl pattern - nice job Z :0)

Jo said...

Zonda, how absolutely beautiful! You must be so proud to have worked that from fiber to finish.

dianne said...

Gorgeous! I love the pattern too :-)

Marissa said...

So pretty! here's a question for you Spinning Pro's: Can you tell/approximate what the end result yarn will look like by looking at the batts??
I am continuously amazed at the difference in the two, and wonder if 'you guys' can 'see' it better??
I may be developing an addiction to hand spun that rivals my addiction to hand dyed . Not good!

Lynn said...

Oh that came out so nice!!!! You did a great job! I'll have to look up that i-cord cast off. I saw it once on a Knitty Gritty to finishoff the neck of a sweater and it just gives it a nice finished look.

Linda said...

I love my cowl, Zonda, thank you very much!