Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
10 Things you are thankful for.
1. My family, those close and far away. It's been quite a year of change, but we're hanging in there. Although I don't get to see many of them for years at a time, I miss them.
2. My home, although it's a lot more to clean, it's bright, sunny and I feel like a grown up in it ;)
3. The area we now live it. It's so wide and open and the scenery is so enjoyable, let alone the weather :)
4. Knitting/Spinning/quilting - I love to create and my hobbies help to relax me.
5. New found friends! Due to Ravelry, I was able to find out a lot of information about our new location and where the knitting meet ups were. Once I got here and started attending, it was like meeting old friends.
6. Having a job. Even though it's part time and the pay...well...let's just say that first full 2 week paycheck was quite the shocker. Jobs are not plentiful around here, none currently in the field I've worked over 25 years. I am enjoying the change though. I'm still working/helping people, it's just crafty stuff now.
7. McIntosh apples-hubby found some here!!
8. chocolate, all kinds ;)
9. Hair dye, I'm way too young to go all gray ;)
10. Most of all, health! Despite the aches and pains of getting a wee bit older, both hubby and I are still cancer free!! 6 yrs for him and 3 for me!!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!