Sunday, November 20, 2011

Spinning and Sock Sunday

Just a quick post to show you I still spin and knit socks.  Just haven't finished any pair yet, but hope to remedy that soon.

Some mixed BFL in green, about 1.75 oz spun so far.
Mixed BFL

fiber awaiting it's turn
bag o'bfl awaiting it's turn on the wheel....weeeee

Now onto sock news....
Whiz Banging Socks
Last time you saw these was in June, I was knitting them 2 at a time and was in deep denial but had hope so onward I went.  Until I got to my usual 7.5" of knitting for toe ups for me.  They look a bit small in the width department, but again, I was denying it.  After trying them on and realizing even after the heel turn, they would be horrible to get on...to the frog pond they went.  I cast on more stitches and changed needle sizes and now see below...

Love my Whiz Banging Socks now!
Whiz Bang sock part deux!  Fits great and right now knitting the leg until the yarn runs out.  Oh yes and knitting them 1 at a time now.

Since I love this colorway and I spun it myself, you can see why I salvaged this project :)

Well off to work for me, going to be an interesting week.  I'll be working on Thanksgiving evening and on Black Friday for the first time....hoping it won't be too crazy!

5 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful spinning. I love the sock yarn, such a pretty colorway and lovely yarn!

dianne said...

Such a pretty color! They look better on the blocker too. I would have been in denial too about the fit, but I'm glad you were able to save them.

Chris said...

Your yarn is so pretty! They are extra special as they are handspun hand knit-truly amazing!

Acornbud said...

Very nice! I want to try to spin some sock yarn one of these days. Is it 2 or 3 ply?

Jo said...

Beautiful socks!