Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Well hello there!

Whew! Has it really been a month! It's been interesting getting back into the 40 hr work week again. I did get used to the part time hours and having more free time. There has been knitting and spinning going on, just taking more time than ususal to finish.

Here's a blanket I started in August. The baby was due in February, but came 1 month early. I finished the other day and it's going out in the mail tomorrow.

Pansy Pinwheel blanket


Pansy Pinwheel blanket
The purple is hard to capture just so.

I love the green and wanted to do a different edge.
Picot edge

Pinwheel Baby Blanket1

Pinwheel Baby Blanket by Genia Planck
Dream in Color Classy- Pansy Go Lightly (2 skeins) and 1/4 skein of Happy Forest
US 8 circulars

Notes: used Judy's magic cast on with a long circular, then switched to dpns until it grew enough to fit on a 24" circular.  Ended using a 40" circular and 420 stitches.  Knit 3 garter ridges for edging, then a c/o 3 and bind off 6 for the picot bind off.

I had always wanted to knit one....um..now I can say I have ;)  Perfect for TV knitting....will I knit another one....not anytime too soon ;)

3 comments:

Discoknits said...

It's very pretty and spring like :0)

dianne said...

Love it!

freshisle said...

So pretty.
I want to do another one of these, too, but I'm still trying to forget how endless it seemed at the end!