Saturday, February 22, 2014

Snobby Spinners Swap

Hi again!

I entered the Snobby Spinner swap again this year. It was tough as I moved in the middle of it. My goal had been to finish the spinning part before the move....well, best laid plans huh! My 12 hr shifts do not allow for much of anything after work, I'm too beat :(

Anyways, onto the fiber before spinning.


Southern Cross Fibre Club BFL in Marine Predator Colorway


Two lonely bobbins waiting to be plied!



Full Bobbin pose!



Approximately 224 yards of 2 ply sport weight yarn.


Close up of the pattern...



Tip Shot!




Quaker Yarn Stretcher by Susan Ashcroft
US 8 Needles

No mods, you basically knit until it's as big as you want or you run out of yarn...it was close, I had about a quarter ball leftover.  What I thought was cool was I lucked out as one of 1,000 people who got the pattern free. My swap partner liked it a lot. Next time I'll show you my loot!

Have a good week!!



3 comments:

Acornbud said...

Very nice project for the yarn. Love the color.

Jen said...

Oooooh.

I'd like to have a more intelligent comment, but ... ooooh.

Iris said...

It looks beautiful! I hardly ever seem to spin enough to make more than a hat or some gloves, but this may inspire me finally get my act together! :)