Saturday, June 24, 2006

I can show it now!

Well remember the other day when I showed you the hats, I gave you a tiny fabric swatch shot... well I had made the most lovely CPurl17 a circular needle case in exchange for some much sought after inox gray 24" circulars for socks. She also surprised me with a skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn.



..so I decided to surprise her with this and a ball of Cascade fixation for more ankle socks.

Introducing Ms. Sockfish!! Pattern available here! I loved it from the get go when I first saw The Giving Flower post it. Then she made up a pattern, and emailed me when it was available, and here you go!!

What a great way to use up scraps and let me tell you, I had barely enough of the circular print (Amy Butler!!) left. I had to piece the back fin and when I ironed on one of the eyes to the wrong side of the body..OY! I eeked another eye out. Would have been very funny though..imagine the crossed eye one hehe! ETA: these are only for gifts or swaps, I cannot sell them or mass produce them...sorry


As for the needle case, you can see it at her blog if you want to. I have a few orders to keep me busy for the next month though FYI, (they aren't the quickest things to make and I do like to knit a bit ;)!! ) one of the orders to fill is my own...you should see my mess o'needles. So if you are a patient person as Cpurl was...who knows!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, lovelly fish! Hope you will earn somathing by sewing it! In case you didn't notice, there is amazing tutorial of sock tote at Cindy's http://cindy2paw.typepad.com/2paw/
Well, I guess you already know!
P.S. Will e-mail you later - must prepare lunch!

KnitPastis said...

I love that AB fabric you used! Great job. I have been eyeing up those cabled fingerless gloves on that site. I just need to figure out what yarn it is compared to so I can make them. Nice yarn she gave you too!

Knittypants said...

Oh! That is so freaking cute!! What a creative little bag. I have to get my sewing machine set up, I can hardly contain myself looking at bags like this :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that case AND the fish! Looking good!

soapy said...

Great case!! Pretty kwel! I LOVE the yarn & colorway!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Zonda, I want I want I want. I've been thinking about this for some time and the one thing I need the most in this world is a holder for my circular needles. I have no sewing machine though. I do have that funny tape stuff to iron stuff shut with, but somehow that's not the same. Let's work something out. Money, yarn, I don't care. And if you could come up with a sock turtle....

Ragan said...

That is a great fish and circular needle case! Beautiful yarn too! Thank you for the link to the pattern!

lobstah said...

The fish is adorable!

Anonymous said...

The fish bag is great!

sgeddes said...

Grat job as usual! If you are collecting a waiting list for the needles cases, add me on. I'm exceedingly patient and I'm wlling to trade anything - yarn, money - you name it!

cpurl17 said...

Totally worth the wait! She's an excellent sewer. I love, love, love Mr. Sock fish. Y'all, the gill folds back and there's a pocket inside! Z, Let me know when you start making DPN holders!

Rain said...

Love your sockfish, it's very cute.