Monday, July 03, 2006

Getting organized......

Well I figured it was about time I got myself a little more organized on the sewing and knitting fronts! I hate having to "hunt" for every little thing...I've had these cut out for...well..a while LOL!

The mess of dpn's, crochet hooks, and cable needles

Ahhh! Can you say..neat and in order ;)


Vase 0' Straights

Straights in order...and not many huh? Well, can you tell #1, I got them too long 14" except for a couple pairs. #2 I love circulars for just about everything! ;)

Left is for straights and right is my dpn's, etc. I even have enough of the fabric to make one for my circulars.....someday, one can only handle so much organization for one day ;)

On the fabric front, I now have a huge clear ziploc bag to hold all my fabric scraps smaller than 1/4 yard. Now I can organize my other fabrics and see what I have. As for the scraps, I can see them too, but they are all in 1 place now...Off to knit and sew some more!!

19 comments:

cpurl17 said...

those are sooooo cute. Next thing I know, I'll see your bags in Vogue Knitting!!

Brittany said...

They look fantabulous! Makes me wish I knew how to sew.

aija said...

What beautiful needle cases! I love your choice in fabrics :)

Jen said...

I LOVE those. You have such great taste in fabric! They're awesome! You did so great! :)

Rain said...

I love your needle rolls, the fabric is gorgeous.

KnitPastis said...

Such cute needle rolls and I love the fabric. I bet you feel so much better now that you are organized! Good job!

Anonymous said...

You really ARE organized---maybe you can give a good kick in the pants to the rest of us. :)

Terrific needle cases, I'd love to get a peek at that fabric stash. You have great taste in prints.

Lisa said...

Love those needle cases - they look awesome! I am sure it feels so good to be organized.

Sherrill said...

Dig the fabrics, Z. To be organized would be to throw craziness out the window....where would we be without the craziness in our lives. :)

Great sew job on the stick holders.

Anonymous said...

Great job. I'd love to see your fabric stash one day. I'd probably drool for a very long time.

P.S. finished dd dress, it turned out cute, I'll send a pic of it later. Thanks for the elastic help! :) H

sgeddes said...

Wonderful looking needles rolls. With all that fabric and yarn your spcae must be a fiber paradise.

Zonda said...

hehe! Thanks Everyone! No Etsy shop anytime soon! I always thought I had different taste in fabrics. Um..er..wished I could have all my fiber in one room though! Maybe in 2 yrs when DS moves to college...talk about the shelves in that room! :)

Knittypants said...

Those turned out great. It must be so nice to have your needles all neat and organized. :-)

soapy said...

You're just Amazing!! Great fabric I love it!! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

I really need to organize my knitting/sewing stuff, too!

Ragan said...

Wow, those organizers are great (nice fabric too)! I am in desperate need of this same thing...just cannot find the energy to do it.

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice. I love all the bamboo needles!

Anonymous said...

Love the needle cases! Doesn't it feel good to be organized??

Anonymous said...

I really need to get on the ball with my needle cases. Love yours! Absolutely gorgeous!