Friday, March 23, 2007

YPF.....

STR Sock Candy
Amazing colors no?


STR Sock Candy
Ready for your close up???



Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Candy
Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Candy
76% Cotton, 4% Elite (elastic) Similar to Cascade Fixation and Elann Esprit
Henpecked Colorway
Love it! I have another colorway in this yarn...for a future YPF, you know summer around here, the Sock Candy's will be turning into some summer socks!


Onto.........
Louet Gems in Cherry Red
One of my most favorite colors and the hardest often to capture.


Louet GemsLouet Gems in Cherry Red, fingering weight. These are destined to become a Cookie A. sock pattern...which one..hard to choose! :)




047
Another favorite color of mine!



Tess Designer Yarns
Doesn't that look soft and squishy?? It sure feels it!




049
This skein captures the colors a bit better.
Tess Designer Yarn (from Maine!)
Supersocks and baby
80% Wool, 20% Nylon.
So soft and green!


YPF Courtesy of Carrieknits! She was my Summer Fiber Fling SP this year...a very sneaky woman too! She went to Stitches West and kept an eye out for a few yarns I had wanted and scored these for our swap!

It is so awesome to have knitter friends from all over the world to swap with. (well only US/Canada/UK so far) Great way to try new/hard to find yarns and *ahem* certain cakes, chocolates, etc. all the while plying them with yarns/fabric/foodies/etc. from your corner of the world. Secret Pals are fun too...but swapping is even better! :)

22 comments:

Bezzie said...

Oh wow. ALL of those are amazing! Is STR Sock Candy similar to Cascade Fixation? Now that we're back north I don't have to have 100% cotton socks, but I do still love them so!

Karen said...

Mmmmmm, what a wonderful fiber fix today!!! They are all so pretty! Your swap partner has wonderful taste.

sgeddes said...

Oh what lovely choices! I have the same color of sock candy. Looks like we maight have matching summer sock. Great job on the pictures of the red! I want to try some of that!

Jessica said...

Very squishy looking indeed. I love STR. Well, I've never seen it in rael life but, I love looking at in on the computer! ;D That's love.

Sonya said...

Oh my! Beautiful yarns. Gems is one of my favorites.

Sandra said...

Sooo envy!

cpurl17 said...

Ooh! I saw the Tess yarns at stitches but by then I was broke broke broke so I resisted. After seeing yours I wish I had taken a second mortgage on the house. heheh

IrishGirlieKnits said...

SO glad you like all the pretty yarns :) I loved swapping with you too ZOnda!!! xoxoxo carrieknit

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that sock candy looks scrumptious. I was sooo tempted to get some Louet Gems the other day at one of my local yarn shops. It was sooo hard to resist! ;-D

Anonymous said...

Some very tasty and delicious yarns, there, Z! You'll have fun with all of that, won't you?

Andi said...

Love the Sock Candy color. What a great name: Henpecked. And Tess yarns are always a treat!

Pinkwool said...

Red is one of those hard colors to capture, like you said, and you made a fine job of it! Can't wait to see the Cookie sock it tells you it wants to be. :)

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! All of them!

String Bean said...

Great yarn! I love the Louet. How about Baudelaire?

Christy said...

Beautiful colors. Have you used the Sock Candy before? How do you like it?

Batty said...

Amazing colors, yes! Beautiful yarn, it's all so pretty and pettable.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarns! Love the henpecked!

Anonymous said...

Louet Gems. Ahhhhh! My favourite!!

DomesticOverlord said...

I want to reach through the screen and touch it!

V said...

These are so pretty! I love the Sock Candy.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That's yarn pr0n in its finest! I love all of those! Yummy!

Rain said...

Wow, such gorgeousness. Have to say I love the red the best, it looks wonderful and I can't wait to see it knitted up.