Friday, March 31, 2006

WIP it OUT!

A prequel to tomorrows FYS!

Without further adieu... May I present...my WIP's...(please no applause until the end of the post ;) Thanks to Elspeth for this idea...stop by her place and check out more WIPer's!

My oldest WIP..deserves to be the first shown off! It is the Scoop du Jour from Chic Knits! Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Ice Blue. So far the back is complete...been that way...well since Sept.. 1/2 of one side done, and 4 rows of ribbing on the other....one day :) Just too much to knit.. I get distracted easy...see I should already be on the next picture..
My next oldest WIP...Fall 2005 IK Weekend Getaway Satchel...aka Mary Poppins Bag. This almost didn't happen...I was still a little new to knitting and thought all that $$, luckily I found good subs at Knitpicks and for about 1/2 off... My goal is to finish by the fall...hmmm.. You can see the back is finished...the front, on the needles is waiting for the first colors..intarsia..never tried it..like just jumping in headfirst don't I....

The rest are not in any chronological order..kind of mixed up actually...
Left- 1 finished Voodoo wristwarmer and one..well a couple of rows. Using DB Baby Cashmerino and Plassard lazer yarn. Will finish...soon ;)
Center- Start of one skein sockettes in KP's Sock Garden in Pansy..about 8 rows in, needed a little change..yeah right size US 1 needles...eek!
Right- 1 Neopolitan sock completed, one getting there! Yarn hand dyed by my friend Heather


Clapotis in Noro Silk Garden #87... I am making it scarf sized so will only do 5 total increase sections...hmmm 1 increase section completed :)


Kyoto For DD, in KP shine.. 4 rows done :) Not too bad yarn...just a little bit of a pain for me to keep the tension..


Left-Odessa. Using the recommended yarn... Rowan Cashsoft DK in Sage...sooo soft...and feels like I am knitting worsted...supposed to be finished by the 5th of April for the KAL...sockbug bit me bad...waiting for a needle..supposed to be here...so winging it so far with ML..Right-Yorick! I really tried to finish this by our XRay Technologist Week...1 side done...the other..sadly 2 rows..using Patons Classic Merino in Aran.



Noni Bag in Cascade 220 and Lamb's Pride (that felting combo should prove to be interesting...What can I say..I like a challenge :)
Look, I have casted on....

TEN!! People...that is 10 WIP's....not as bad as I thought...however...must finish these before anything else is casted on...I must....stay tuned for tomorrow...

ETA: Ahem....FYI there will be no frogging allowed! hehe so if some of ya were looking for a trade..sorry :) Not allowed to have startitis...for a while anyways!
Later this evening....Odessa was frogged...yes people..due to inability to chat at knit nite and count and yarn over..etc...so therefore, it will be on the needles afresh tomorrow...my new circ arrived today too :)

14 comments:

adrienne said...

That's not so bad! My problem is little swatches everywhere. Using up my needles!
Kyoto is going to be beautiful!
I'll definitely check back for pictures of your stash tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

O Mio Dio, so many WIPs! Hope, you have not any startitis in your head right now!

Jennifer said...

You've got some great projects going on the needles! Are you planning on finishing them all, or are you frogging any?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wips you've started. It's so hard to stay focused isn't it? There's always great new projects coming out all the time, and shiny new ones always make me want to cast right on!

Melinda said...

Pretty stuff! I'm getting a real kick out of seeing what WIPs everyone else is accumulating.

Zee said...

LOL!

Sorry, I believe I even drooled a bit here. Sweet projects, Zonda... really neat!

lynnm said...

I have been without inspiration for about a week and your WIPs helped me alot. I only have 1 WIP right now but I think the sockettes will help use up some of my single skeins! Thanks

Jen said...

Wow, we are so on the same knitting wavelength. I have to finish my Clapotis, I'm buying Cashsoft DK for a baby sweater, I've got my Scoop du Jour to think about...

I saw the needle bags you made Heather...MAN...

DomesticOverlord said...

I have less WIPs than you! I'm not sure whether to be proud or ashamed...

Knittypants said...

Great projects! Will keep you busy for a little while. :-)

Shannon said...

That kyoto is going to be stunning, I can't wait to see it! Its on my list, but its going to take forEVER! Eek!

Elspeth said...

I didn't realize how much Bonne Marie liked Cotton Ease! Here we both are making her patterns in different colors of the same yarn. Weird.

Anonymous said...

10 projects! Not too shabby. Now, should we hold you to your word that you cannot start anything else? heheheh

Anonymous said...

wow! I am having project envy- a bunch of those are things I want to try!