Sunday, October 08, 2006

Socktoberfest Socks

1st pair is done! Yay! Onward to my toe ups now!


Cascade Fixation Effects in pink, used US 3 dpns-sock 1, 2 circs.-sock 2.(was helping to teach a 2 circ. sock class) I must say, using my 2 addi circs is the best with this yarn. The bamboo is really grabby and slows me down a bit I think. Mainly due to my "tight" knitting...loose, I try to be a little more looser!! This is my best fitting ankle sock to date! (3rd time is the charm!) Excuse the wonky toe on your right, DD was modeling and I didn't check the socks first, and HA they are big for her, so I guess she won't be stealing them!! ;)

So, off I go to work on my toe-ups, and other stuff! Although I am quite beat from staining my new cabinet (son and FIL built it this summer for me)twice today (1 coat of wood conditioner, then found out the stain was too dark, off to store, back with stain/poly mix, then coat 1. Tomorrow, sanding and coat 2..)

Blogstalking assignment finished tomorrow, ABC along pics later in the week...and who knows what else!!

Have a great week!


14 comments:

iwiwag said...

Cool :)

Anonymous said...

Lovelly! My kids would adore the coloure!

Unknown said...

Cool. Pretty socks. Congrats on your 1st pair of socktoberfest socks!

cpurl17 said...

Cute socks!!

How cool that you have a new cabinet--is it for yarn? :)

lynnm said...

Love that color!

Anonymous said...

Great socks!

Karen said...

Oooh, I love those! So bright and girly. Great job!

turtlegirl76 said...

Brilliant! The answer all along, right in front of me for months, and it just now occurs to me. These are the socks I'm meant to knit for my mom. Not the Lorna's. Cascade Fixation. The elasticity will help ensure a snug fit, and the ankle length is exactly what she asked for. Why I didn't think of this sooner, I'll never know.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those socks totally rock! The color really jumped out to me as soon as I opened your page - I'm usually not that keen on pink, but your pink is totally awesome - looove it! Great job!

Jerry & Maxy said...

I love the pink!!!! Such fun ankle socks, and I'm so glad they fit you and not DD :)

KnitPastis said...

You did a fantastic job knitting these! I love them. Finally a pair for you!

soapy said...

great the way they knitted up..

Batty said...

I love pink stripy socks! Those came out great.

Teri.p said...

These are so pretty, Zonda! I just love using Fixation for footies; they're my favorite summer socks.