Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I got this from Jen's blog!

I'm a Mainer...a'yuh...that's right. ;) Although living in NC for 16 yrs kind of has my accent a bit mixed up. I still pronounce most words as I have always done....but now, um..er..they have a bit of twang in them. Howevah! Get me around some New Englanders, and it reverts back.


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

The West
The Midland
Boston
The Inland North
The South
Philadelphia
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


On the knitting front...DD put a nice closed soda in my knitting bag, yes, my corduroy Namaste bag. It was supposed to be upright,(and closed!) well, while knitting at skate nite, my butt felt wet....hmmm...ok whose kid spilled something?? Well, um..open my bag and most of the soda was at the bottom. Poor, Poor Anastasia sock, she's been rinsed and is drying, chart holder is ok, spare yarn is ok, sock monkey bag is sopping wet and in the wash. Geesh, good thing it was Root Beer! Working on teeny, tiny hats and SS Project! See ya on Friday!

12 comments:

Bezzie said...

Oh noooo!!! I'm glad your Namaste is still okay.

When I read that your "butt felt wet" for some reason I thought maybe you had felted your butt.

It's been a long day....

Zonda said...

Hahaha! You are too funny!

I hear you on the loooong day!

Rain said...

Ha ha, I did the quiz for a laugh and it told me I was from the North East - yeah if you cross the ocean from there ;)

I cringed at the thought of all that sticky goo in your bag. Hope everything is ok.

Anonymous said...

I hope your sock and bag are o.k.!

Anonymous said...

Oh no not the namaste bag! It all washes out ok.

lobstah said...

I took the quiz and it was right on! I got "midland" which is no accent, with a leaning towards Philadelphia/Boston/Northeast. I was born in Philly, moved to CT when I was 7, and have lived in NH/ME since I was 18. Too funny!

KnitPastis said...

That's aweful about the soda spilling in your bag. Hopefully it will all clean up just like damaged, that's for sure.
Bet those teeny tiny hats are so cute. Hope you post them...and the quilt updates:)

KnitPastis said...

Ha, I just reread what I wrote!
I mean't I hope it all cleans up and is NOT damaged. Sorry about that sweetie.

Knittypants said...

Oh yucky! I'm glad everything rinsed out and is ok. Not fun for your knitting.

Batty said...

You really can't take the Maine out of a person. I know, I have friends from there.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, sorry about your Namaste bag! Glad you could save everything though, these things do happen, don't they?

The quiz gave me Philadelphia for an accent, pretty close for a New York/Jersey sounding girl like me. :)

Sunidesus said...

Oh my! My result made me laugh. Right on the thing it says "you probably get asked if you're from Wisconsin" And I am!