Sunday, November 12, 2006

:) I'm baaaaack!!

Hello there!! The retreat was nice and relaxing, wayyyy too short though!

Sewing news: Got the quilt done except for handsewing the binding (yahoo!!) That'll get done sometime next week as I have another quilt to handsew before this. I was literally sewing about 5 minutes before I had to pack up to leave. It took me the whole time to machine quilt it. Many, many color changes and um..a few repeated stitching due to unsewing..heh a familiar term for me (shhh can you say frogging or tinking! ;)

We took a break to go to Myrtle Beach to see the Dixie Stampede Christmas Show. Very interesting food, show, and people! Then to a quilt store for a bit of fabric and some buttons perfect for my quilt. I was on the lookout for an LYS, but didn't find one, and not a lot of time to do so as we really wanted to get back to sew.

Knitting news: HA! Like I told you I so overpacked! I only worked on one project (super secret one) and it had to be f---g-d!! Yeppers....a big boo boo that I tell ya about later this week!

So I am off to catch up on a bit of mail and knit!

Thanks everyone for your ideas on the Silk Garden and still getting a few on the Kureyon too!

Sorry no pics, and you'll have to wait for the unveiling of the quilt on Thanksgiving Day! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see the quilt!

KnitPastis said...

I knew you would have a great time! Can't wait to see your quilt and the new project.

sgeddes said...

Glad to hear you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing the quilt on Thanksgiving!

Faerynuff said...

Can't wait to see the quilt! I'm off to untangle pink yarn....

Rain said...

It sounds like you had a great time.

cpurl17 said...

I'm so glad you had a fun weekend! Can't wait to see the pix!

soapy said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing this quilkt! I bet its gorgeous and colorful!

Anonymous said...

Glad your trip was successful! I bet your quilt is stunning, can't wait for the unveiling.

Sorry you didn't find an LYS, I suspect you've got lots of good things already stashed to entertain us with on YPF's.