Monday, November 20, 2006

If at first you don't succeed....

Well, they say, try, try again!


Baby Hat and 1/2

Baby Hat from One-Skein for


hats for alex

The first one on the left went great, not a problem and this yarn...Knitpicks Shine Worsted in Crocus is the softest for it. Perfect! I just wished I had more of it for this project.

However..you're probably wanting to know where the succeeding part is....well see that HIP (hat in progress) on the right...yeah that one. Well, the lacey/patterned part of the hat is 12 rows, then you get the stockinette part. That particular hat was started at least 7 times. Yes folks 7 times. I would get to the 7th or so row and be off a few stitches (not sure if lace is going to be my forte, I just don't have the attention or something for it) So, me being the type A person that I am..well, I wasn't going to give up, no way, no how. It wasn't going to beat me.

There was even a meltdown earlier today....the last frog...or should I confess...it's cut into bits in the bin..yep, I was so frustrated and didn't want to use the multi-frogged yarn again, so I said a few choice words and cut the poor defenseless hat into bits. And I felt sooo much better. So much so, that you see the above picture...I didn't give up and let this win! I'm even going to start another one in the same pattern with some cotton ease stash. (shh did you hear LB is coming out with it again this fall!!)

It's for a good cause, I hope to have a few more done this weekend!

Oh and I got another FO...sorry, you gotta wait a few more days to see it though! SS KP!

ETA...yeah, I know I could have just done another pattern...but I need the lace/patterning experience..you see I wanna do a shawl after the new year so I have to learn to pay attention to detail :)

4 comments:

Ragan said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is the sweetest little hat!

Anonymous said...

What a great hat pattern! Coloure, too!
Now, dearest Zonda, thank you soooo much for your Noro offer, but this yarn is way to expencive and there is no such great yarn in Croatia to swap with Noro!

Just keep on practicing lace stitches!

KnitPastis said...

Heeee, knowing me, I would have done the samething:) I think your lacey knitted hat looks pretty and such a beautiful color it's in.
Whoohooo, I thought I heard that LB is coming out with it again!! I have one ball in my stash that I have been hanging onto for the one special one skeiner. I give it a good squeeze every now and then. Never tried it yet.

So glad to hear that I am not the only one to cute up a projects yarn.LOL You go girl!

Knittypants said...

What a cute little hat.

I laughed when I read about you cutting up your hat, that must have felt great :-)