Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends

One option of the weekly Blogstalking activity from Knitty! I missed the "What do you do on Friday nites" Knitwhits at AC Moore's. I even got to try out a spinning wheel so..um..er..should have had my camera.

Welcome to the 2006 Christmas Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Highlight, copy, and paste (not forward) and change my answers to your answers. Enjoy!!


NAME: Zonda

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both actually…not at the same time though LOL!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap, but due to animals, they don’t get put out until Christmas Eve!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Well, I have to have colored due to the other members in the family…but I love white. As for the house..none.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I like pine tree garland instead.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually after Dec. 11th, my son’s birthday so that his birthday and Christmas are 2 separate holidays.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My standing rib roast.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Sitting around with all my uncles, aunts, Memere` and Pepere` going to midnight mass and just eating and visiting!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was under 10, not sure how?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The kids do.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I like all kinds of Santa’s, old homemade ornaments, cinnamon and bread dough ornaments, nothing too shiny or glitzy! I love spun glass ornaments but with the animals, they stay in their packages!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Absolutely LOVE IT! And miss it!.. :(
12. Can you ice skate? yes! Learned on a real pond too!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Velvet doll when I was about 6. You twisted the knob in the back of her head and it grew her hair. As for current…just about everything I’m lucky to get. See Answer..18..
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My mom’s Mini Cherry Cheesecakes and Sugar Cookies, which since she has passed I make them.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Cooking so much that I don’t have to for a few days following. Just being at home and relaxing..or trying to!
17. What tops your tree? Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, definately!!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas
20. Candy Canes... Yum!

Oh and Sarah I can so see myself getting a spinning wheel now that I've tried it...eeek..will have to wait a while though! ;)

I may also be unexpectedly traveling for the holidays. It would be awesome to spend time back home in Maine especially at Christmas, but the reason behind the last minute trip isn't fun. Will know more in a few days.

9 comments:

cpurl17 said...

ooh! how fun that you got to try out a spinning wheel! Didya get hooked on spinning?

Bezzie said...

Hm, I was about to gush about how you'd probably get to see snow, but it's no fun to see snow under crappy circumstances.

Uh oh, sounds like another non-spinner bites the dust ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these answers, it's always so interesting getting to know bloggers a bit better this way. We definitely share the same holiday memories - it's beautiful, ain't it?

soapy said...

Hey I learned to skate on a real pond too.. Must be a N/E? thing....lol
WE have some slushy snow today.. If you do get up to ME for a visit, I hope you let me know!

soapy said...

Oh YES, YES, YES! YOU DEFINATELY NEED a spinning wheel or two!

Anonymous said...

You definitely need a wheel!

KnitPastis said...

Spinning now:) I tried it once up at a LYS and it wasn't so addicting to me. I fell in love with dyeing yarn instead and of course knitting:) Thank goodness since I have seen the price of the wheels. I feel quilty as it is for all the yarn I have:)Have a safe trip to and back from Maine!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, looks like another wheel-lover is forming! Watch out, it happens very fast!

Rib roast and mini cherry cheesecakes, YUM!

Sorry you may be traveling for something unpleasant. I hope everything works out alright.

Macoco said...

Great post - I did took it and did the same on my site.

I learned to skate on a real pond too. My mom wouldn't let us near the pond until my father "tested" it. This entailed her having a panic attack with her hand on the phone while he went down to the pond, walked to the middle of the ice, turned around to face the house, and would then jump three times. I have no idea what we would have done if the ice didn't hold.