Wednesday, June 27, 2007

WIP Wednesday-The sick version!

Ok, you guys..minds outta the gutter! ;) I woke up with a sore throat, sinuses flaring and guess who I am supposed to be seeing today (only been waiting 6 weeks) my ENT Doc. Perfect timing I guess huh. So no work for me, but I was only going in for a couple of hours anyways.

Update: Feeling better, thanks! We found out why some of my sinus meds aren't working, deviated septum makes it hard for meds to get where they need to be! So..um..may be having surgery in the next month or two..glad he'll leave my nose alone on the outside...I kinda like it ;)

Onto the Wip's!

When last we saw this sock, it was heel-less, partially anyways. I did have only 1 stripe at the heel, due to the original YO short row heel planned. I "said" I wasn't going to frog...I'd deal with it huh...well..um..not! I frogged it again and have gotten this far. (I wonder how many of you thought, heh, she's gonna frog)

See that tiny ball o'yarn? All that is left for this sock, but with all the cutting I've done so far (this sock has 3 due to striping formation *cough* perfecting) I'll have plenty with the 2nd sock if I need to make longer, but DD may just like what I have now! They are long in the foot! Yikes, good thing she'll grow into them! Hoping to have them done by the movie premier, I have started the toe of sock 2 and can't wait to have them both in mindless knitting sections.
Gryffindor Socks Add about 2 more inches since first posted. Doc's office was a bit behind today! :)


Oh, lookee here, she started another sock!! How dare she when I'm not done!! Sniff!

Yes, I knew I was not going to get the above socks done for my various sock monthly KAL's and it would be the first time in a year...and being the type A person that I am, I couldn't have that! So Gryff socks are good car/appointment knitting and these I hope will be done before Friday!
Esprit Ankle SockEsprit from Elann, and Cristi's Fixation Ankle Sock pattern. More deets at the FO time!

Well back to bed for a few hours....later!

20 comments:

Sandra said...

sore throat here also, and I got the bitch while being on mini vacation! Damn!

soapy said...

Nice socks!! Love the color from Elann!

Macoco said...

Oooh I hope you feel better soon!

Batty said...

Wow, you actually feel sick when you're about to see the doctor! For me, it's like the plumber: nothing works right, then the guy shows up, and suddenly, there's no problem. Until he leaves, that is.

I just hope you feel better soon!

Bezzie said...

What's up with this crud going around? I'm also battling a mucus onslaught.
Nice socks! Didn't they bump up the release date of the HP movie a few days to a Wednesday instead of a Friday? Better get crackin' on sock #2!

Sonya said...

Love those socks! There's certainly a lot of crud going around here too. Feel better soon!

sarah said...

The socks are lookin' good!!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Rebel said...

Yay for the little griffendor sock, it looks good. - zuma

TrixieG said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon! You've been crafting like a maniac - time for some rest. :-)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Making some good progress on that Gryffindor sock! Good job! I've made some progress on mine too.

sgeddes said...

Glad to hear oyu are feleing a little better. I hope the surgery isn't too big of deal and you can rebound from it quickly!

Love the socks.

Rain said...

Hope you get the HP socks done in time. can't wait for th double whammy of book and film.

I had the old septum done last year, plus turbinites and sinus surgery so if you have questions, want the gory details or just feel the need to comiserate with someone you know where to come. It made a huge difference to me so I hope it works for you.

Anonymous said...

Take care of you! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better, being sick is no fun :-p

cpurl17 said...

We're in the same boat--my Gryf socks are in the home stretch and will be IT for my KALs!!

Anonymous said...

Surgery is never fun, but hopefully you'll feel better afterwards. Great socks!

Stacie said...

great sock action! I am knitting with the fixation for the first time, and them are gonna be some awesome socks! I love it!!

Ragan said...

Great socks, feel better soon!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. I love the socks though - Elann Esprit is so fun to work with. I like it as a sub for Fixation.

Anonymous said...

Glad your doctor was able to figure it out. My husband had surgery for his deviated septum a few years ago and his sinuses are so much better plus it stopped him from snoring (bonus for me!). The surgery wasn't bad he was only uncomfortable for a few days.

Feel better!