Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's about time!!

I think almost everyone has knit one of these! Mason/Dixon Ballband Dishcloths. So it was time for me to knit one.

This past week was rough, I had a complication with my nose surgery, don't want to bore you with details. ;) Let's just say 2 ER visits and bed rest. And meds...yeah, I've been a bit wacky with some comments and posting this week probably!! ;) So I wanted something fairly easy to knit. Well, somewhat fairly easy LOL...after taking this picture I found a designer element...oh well, it was medicated knitting, what's a girl to do!

Still not allowed to do much lifting or other stuff. Today is for sleeping and knitting..oh yeah, and a bit of laundry as both teens are back at school tomorrow.


M/D Ballband Dishcloth
Sugar n' Cream Rosewood and Warm Brown
Size 7 clover straights..hehe..I used straights.
(oops, little curl on the left)

Just a posin'
Just showing off before it was wrapped and on it's way to a certain someone out there. Not sure if she reads my blog though...we'll see! ;)

Zulugrass ! Yes, lucky me scored a few more! I love these colors and now I can mix and match and have primary colors and more muted colors. All go well with my clothes! :)
Zulugrass
Thank you to Carrie and Shannon for these!

Well back to the resting (I did work one more day this week, and had to go shopping, so I'm not an invalid by any means...just really get tired easily!!) I've even made more progress on my Everyday Cardigan. Good project for medicated knitting, well, we won't talk about that extra stitch that required frogging 10 rows, yes I already tried to fix it before the frog, but with no luck. I've since replaced the 10 rows and much more! Tune in on Wednesday for an update on that.

P.S. Stacie- A question you posed in the comments from last post regarding the pooling of variegated yarns. If I could cure that chaos that is pooling, I would love it!! My Sockapalooza socks had to be knit on a smaller needle and different stitch count to "cure" the pooling. I guess it differs in every yarn. Sometimes I like the pooling and don't mess with it, other times I don't! Anyone else out there with answers to this??

23 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that Ball Band washcloth, pink and brown rules!

Rain said...

Hope you're recovering well and feel better soon.

Psst - if you hadn't mentioned your design feature I probably wouldn't have noticed. It looks lovely in those yarns.

turtlegirl76 said...

Well, slip stitch patterns are one way of combating the pooling - like linen stitch, etc. Needle size is one way as well and of course gauge. But I digress. Love the dishcloth!

Jennifer said...

I love those colors for your washcloth! I hope you continue to heal and don't have to go to the ER again!

Lauren said...

While you might be the last one to knit that cloth, this is my first time seeing it. :) It turned out really well.

Get better!

sgeddes said...

I'm really sorry about the complications - I hope things are on the mend for good now.

I like the dishcloth. I found those really addictive for awhile! I even made a towel sized one with a bunch of leftovers.

weezalana said...

Eeeks! Sorry about the complications, but it sounds like you're recovering well, which is good!

Nice job on the dishcloth! And more Zulugrass, yay! I love the ones that accidentally came home with me. ;)

I actually don't mind pooling. I find it charming, fun - it's one of the things I love about knitting with variegated yarns!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sorry to hear you had a crappy week Z! I hope you are making the kids take care of you :) (or at least cook their own dinner...hehehe). Seriously, hope this week is much better (and this post makes me really really wonder if you are my RBSS secret pal???!!!...if you are...just give in!).

Love love love the dishcloth! But then when you see the color monkey socks I just finished you will totally see why I love it! Pink and brown...yum!

Oh, and I love all the bracelets together! Fabulous.

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Hope you are feeling better real soon!!!! I love the washcloth - I have made a few of these too! Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the health problems you've been having lately - I'm thinking about you and wish you a speedy recovery!
I think I must be the last person in the knitting community who never did one of these dishcloths - but yours looks fantastic indeed! I think I will have to try my hands at them soon too ;)

Poops said...

You take it easy! Not too much laundry now!

As for the pooling, I've heard that if you use two different balls of yarn and alternate between them on every couple of rows you won't get pooling. That's what they tell me.

I like pooling.

Jo said...

hmm... I have never made that washcloth.

I hope you feel better soon and the complications all go away!

Rebel said...

You know, I'm going to have to make that dishcloth. I was doing some deep-cleaning yesterday and had to pull out the knit dishcloth for the heavy-duty work. They just work so well! I love the pink & brown too.

-zuma

Anonymous said...

The dishcloth is cute! I love those colors together. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Love your dishcloth; am I the only knitter who hasn't made the ballband cloth yet?

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a setback with the surgery. Hopefully, you'll be feeling better real soon. My mother had that surgery a couple of times and she had some problems too. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice cloth! You're allowed a little 'design feature' with medicated knitting. Hope you don't have any more setbacks and feel better soon.
That's exactly what I do to control pooling - mess with the needle size and number of stitches.

Anonymous said...

Cute washcloth and bracelets.

I do hope you are feeling much better by now.

Anonymous said...

Lovely dishcloth. One of the gals in my knitting group made one those and it game out really nice too.

Hope you're feeling better real soon. Those post-surgery meds can be a doozy! :-D

Sarah said...

Hugs!

I haven't knit a ball band dishcloth yet, so you're still ahead of me.

Nice Zulugrass, those are pretty cool.

Sonya said...

Cute dishcloth! I love pink and brown together. I think it reminds me of neopolitan ice cream. Sorry to hear about your setbacks. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Macoco said...

Beautiful dish cloth! I still haven't gotten around to making one of these.

I hope your doing better!

Anonymous said...

What great bracelets! I still haven't knit a washcloth - I like the colors you chose for yours.

Anonymous said...

He, way to to with that Ball Band Dishcloth! It looks great!