Friday, August 24, 2007

YPF-The RBSS Edition

The Rut Busting Sock Swap Edition! Over at the Knittyboardstm a bunch of us got together to have a swap where your pal gets you outta your rut. My rut was variegated and striping yarns. So, my pal Delilah2!!!, did just that!! Solid yarn! Yes, one must have solid yarns! There are so many patterns out there that need just that!

Rut Busting Sock Swap Package My favorite Jelly Belly's, gloves in a bottle (so need that) sock point protectors, and Soak handknitwash.

003 A close up of the NC dishcloth! She lives in the same state and we are hoping to meet up one day! If I ever get off call that is LOL!
Stitchmarker See this, her first stitchmarker! I feel very special to receive that!

033 Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Amethyst, my first purple yarn, I mean all purple! Purple is one color I like a lot, I just never seem to buy it...why...no clue

RBSS Yarn

RBSS Yarn Panda Wool in Teal Lake! The first I've seen IRL of the wool and it is so soft!
030Thank you Delilah2 for a great swap package! :)

26 comments:

Stacey said...

Lucky lucky - I love that yarn!

Have fun bustin' out of your rut!

TrixieG said...

Oh, that Gloves in a Bottle is like the best thing ever! Pretty yarn too! Go you rut buster!!!

Nell said...

Great yarn. I love the teal colour.

What on earth is 'Gloves in a bottle'??? Off to google....

IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a fabulous package!!! I think I have a similar rut as you do...but then again, I tend to follow most of your yarn purchasing trends too so that may be the problem...hehehe....bad YPF!!

Bezzie said...

Very pretty!!! And you broke her stitch marker cherry! That's a nice marker too--dangly but not to the point where it's going to get in the way.

Stacey said...

isn't the CTH amazing? I knit some Nancy Bush socks out of my amethyst color and I was constantly staring at it - the color was so saturated purple!

Karen said...

What a cool package!! That's sure to brighten up your day!

Anonymous said...

Great package!

Sonya said...

Isn't it fun to get out of a rut? You never buy purple yarn; I always buy purple yarn! ;o)

weezalana said...

Great rut buster! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Panda Wool, too.

Macoco said...

That's a fantastic package! I love that panda wool. I have some and it's incredibly soft, but I haven't knit anything with it yet.

sgeddes said...

Great package and what wonderful colors!

Anonymous said...

Vibrant jewel colors to bust you out of your rut! Enjoy!

Jess said...

OOOOH. I am so jealous. Love those colors!

Lauren said...

Can't wait to see what you make with your rut bustin yarn, its all so pretty. :D

soapy said...

Lucky you, a GREAT swap package! sooo spoiled

Anonymous said...

very nice swap package! I love the purple yarn! Perfect for Porject Spectrum if you follow that.

Do share how these knit up when you get around to it:)

Anonymous said...

What an exellent idea, helping each other get out of a yarn rut. Great yarn and colors, too.

Rebel said...

Ooooh that panda wool is really pretty, I love that soft teal color - zuma

Batty said...

Beautiful! I have the opposite problem with purple: I love it and all my yarn is purple. If it isn't red. Somehow, I always walk out with a purple skein, even when I went in looking for something else.

Anonymous said...

oooh, lucky you!!! that sock yarn is gorgoues. :-D

cpurl17 said...

Wow! YOu got a great package! That CTH color is sooooo pretty!

turtlegirl76 said...

Nice package! I love me some Cherry Tree Hill. Never seen the Panda Wool in person. Is it as squooshy as it looks?

Anonymous said...

What a great swap package! I love that purple cherry tree hill yarn!

Stacie said...

nice yarn there miss! you who knits with a load of varigated yarn, i have a question regarding such on my blog this week, and i am wondering if there is a way to control the chaos that is pooling???

gilraen said...

I love the Panda yarn and the teal colour!! :)