Sunday, October 14, 2007

A HatFO

Yep, I promised an FO was coming!

Earflap hat
twilight picture ETA a better light picture! :)
Earflap Hat from KnitSimple Fall 07
Brown Sheep Burly Spun in Strawberry Patch
US 15 Denise and clover circs.
I ended up using the 2 circ method for finishing because the only US 15 dpn's I could find were $15..um..not!
Less than 1 skein used. For the straps, I cut 3 lengths of yarn for each, folded in half and attached like a tassel to the end of the earflap. Then I braided all 6 together. I like it much better. (still so hard to take red pictures! gah!) Plenty leftover for a scarf which I'll whip up next week before SAFF...so iffin it's cold there, I'll be wearing this and my EDCardi...which has 1 sleeve successfully on!


'MeHere's me and my knitting pal the other Christine! She just started her own blog! We have a good laugh together..and um..er..a bit of my sock yarn love has rubbed off on her! Yikes. I call her the other Christine as I don't want to confuse her with other Christine who I'd love to have join in with us...then we'd all be confused..I am now..are you ;)

Well off to sew...not as a productive weekend as I wanted...sigh..never seems to be, but all are happy and well fed around here so I can't complain.

24 comments:

Jess said...

I hear yah on the productive thing. I cant get a good solid work day in. The hats look great! So snuggly and warm and way too cute. I'd be sportin' it all the time!

weezalana said...

Great job on the hat, I love the colors! And that last pic is just too cute! :)

Sonya said...

Cute hat! I always have a long list of things to get done over the weekend and the next thing I know, it's Monday morning.

peaknits said...

OMGosh - love the hat! Nice job!

Jo said...

Great hats! I wish I was going to Rhinebeck!

Bezzie said...

Love the hat! That was the perfect project for that yarn.

I hate productive weekends--they wipe me out!

Kara said...

I just love warm, flappy hats. So cute!

Jody said...

Looks great! Love the yarn!

Macoco said...

Those hats look really great!

gilraen said...

You two look so cute!! I love the kewl hats! :)

Rebel said...

Cute hats! It's nice to have something really fun to wear when it gets cold.

cpurl17 said...

Hey sexy mamas!

Anonymous said...

Great hats!

Knittypants said...

This is such a fun great hat, must have been a really enjoyable knit.

Anonymous said...

You gals look very cute in your hats!

TrixieG said...

You two look so cute in your hats! Really love the yarn you used - perfect for you!!

KnitPastis said...

Welcome to to blogland Christine!
You two look adorable!

turtlegirl76 said...

Cool hats! Great job! Love the colors. =)

Jennifer said...

So cute! And enough yarn for another one! Fabulous.

sheep#100 said...

Cute! I so hear you on the "I want to knit/I want to sew".

I want to knit/I want to spin.

Just not enough time...

Elspeth said...

You know, I once lived with 2 Christines at the same time! Now I only have one Christine friend, but there sure are a lot of them, aren't there?

Anonymous said...

Its a good thing your name isn't Christine! Then you'd have to go around introducing yourselves as "Hi I'm Christine, this is my friend Christine and this is my other friend Christine".

Remember the Newhart show "Daryll, his brother Daryll and his other brother Daryll"

Anonymous said...

Great hat! It looks nice and cozy, especially for the ears (one of my colder parts). :)

As for your Cardi, go, go, go! We all can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

ha! this hat is so cute! you already know i love the pinks and red in it! :-D cute photo of you and a friend in the hats! perfect for fall weather!