Saturday, November 24, 2007

I can finally show these!

A few of you have already seen them in progress, but I have to brag on them. They are my first lacy type socks (well what I call lacey) and a challenge to knit for me. Challenging in the point of paying attention. Knitting usually relaxes me soooo much, well, I loose my place, stitches fall off, you get the picture.

Cpurl was the lucky receipient of these socks! Check out her post...sigh...glad these were a good ending to a very long day for her.

Embossed Leaves
Embossed Leaves from the Favorite Socks Book
Wollmeise 100% superwash sock yarn
Wilder Mohn Colorway (hehe..this name, it just cracks me up...yo' wilder mohn!) ok, well I think it's funny!

Close up on pattern again
Well, she likes red and pink so I thought this colorway would be good!! I sent her a mini skein for repairs and still have plenty to make a short pair for me...maybe mini-ones like hers, one day.

I have to confess, I don't really care for garter edged heel flaps. They are no fun to pick up stitches, but I am getting better at it. Mine she knit for me are here in town...somewhere! Just hoping within a few hours they are in my hot little hands! Stay tuned for an update!

11 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

LOVELY!!

Sarah Jackson said...

Just gorgeous! I have a skein of Cherry Tree Hill in a similar colorway. It may have found its destiny.

peaknits said...

These are gorgeous! I love how they look in this colorway - wollmeise, can't ever go wrong:) Perfect!

weezalana said...

Those are beautiful! Cpurl is a lucky girl!

Lauren said...

Beautiful! You did a really nice job, and the color way really looks nice with the pattern!

cpurl17 said...

What!? Your first attempt at lacey socks? You are an amazing knitter!!

I'm going to meet a friend for dinner so they may make their public debut tonight! (But they're so pretty I don't want to ruin them!!)

Knittypants said...

Those are Grand! great job with your first lacey socks.

Knitting Bandit said...

Gorgeous! I have never noticed the funky little garter stitch heel flap in all the pairs I've seen. Thanks for pointing it out!

sgeddes said...

Beuatiful! Lovely color and lace!Great job!

Donna said...

Those are some gorgeous socks.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the socks!