Saturday, November 24, 2007

Now what are the odds....

the chance, the once in a million, lifetime, etc. that the moment you are missing the socks you knit for your pal, sniff... you know suffering separation anxiety when you see them on her feet...

You open the box that the PO wanted to keep for itself and see these!!!
Just fabulous!
Ahhhhh...for a minute, I thought she sent the ones I knit her back to me! But nope! They are my very own pair in Fleece Artist 100% superwash merino in Ruby Red, my birthstone colorway! Sigh....I love them, they are perfect and fit perfectly and now I don't have to knit my own Embossed Leaves!!! Yay!

My Embossed Leaves This picture does show the colorway better I think. I quit after 20+ pictures to get the right color. You know how temperamental reds can be!

Sock Pal package! Here they are posing with the other goodies! I love my bag too! Just what I needed, another one, (you all know I hate sewing for myself LOL!) and some Jelly Belly's, cool stitchmarkers and yarrrrn! Ahh!

Thanks for a great sock swap!! Sorry the PO gave you a fright by not giving me my darned package last nite!

19 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Heeee! It's the sock swap Gift of the Magi!!

I'm so glad the Post Office came through!!

Stacey said...

Wow! Lucky girl with your package!

Knittypants said...

Oh, those are pretty, what a fun swap.

LadyLungDoc said...

Yep - it's like an O.Henry knitting pattern.

Jennifer said...

How fantastic for you! What a lovely collection of goodies, and the socks are gorgeous!

weezalana said...

OMG, that is too funny! Guess great minds think alike! cpurl did a great job, that's a fab set of ELs!

Batty said...

Great minds think alike! Just goes to show it was a perfect match.

Lauren said...

Lovely package! I'm glad you have your own pair of embossed leaves now. :)

peaknits said...

OMG - how fun that "great minds think alike"! I love the Embossed Leaves pattern - this pair is wonderful. The rest of your goodie package is delightful too!

Bezzie said...

THAT is hilarious!!!!! Great socks!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! They're both beautiful. I love the reds.

KnitPastis said...

Beautiful!! They look perfect.

sgeddes said...

Serendipity! You were meant to have Embossed leaves in that color!

What a great swap!

Anonymous said...

How funny that you both knit the same socks! They're beautiful and what a great package of goodies!

Karen said...

How cool is it that you guys were on the same wave-length? Great socks!!

chemgrrl said...

Beautiful socks! Lucky you, not to have to knit them twice. :)

Anonymous said...

How funny! Enjoy your nice gifts!

Anonymous said...

Awww, these socks are so beautiful! What a fun swap - enjoy everything! ;)

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! Beautiful socks!