Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WIP Wednesday!

Finally, something worth showing...well there is something else to show, but maybe by Friday or Saturday I can finally post them! ;)

Ice Cream Socks
Ice Cream Socks in Vesper Neopolitan, they are my in the car socks. Good for stop lights, long lines of waiting with excitement to get into work (100% ID checks!), Doctor's offices, post office oh nix that, I use my computer or the kiosk that does it, when at all possible! The one I go to is friendly, but heck, why wait when you don't have to ;)

Ice Cream Socks
Yo! Cristi, check out that Short row heel ala' Cat Bordhi! It was a lot easier that that pesky YO short row heel. Now to work on that hole from starting the leg. I can fix it no problem on heel flap socks. Any hints on SRH socks anyone?

Wildly Unoriginal Hat
Unoriginal Hat in 100% purewool of unknown colorway double stranded for added bulkiness. Knitted on the correct sized needles now! It would have been done...but oh no, obviously I cannot tell a US 8 from an 8 mm needle...gah!

Given to me in a box of leftover yarns without a home. Wild colorway for Maggie whose socks will be started today and worked on this week too! DK weight...ahhhhhh! A nice break from fingering weight socks. I hear tell she loves wild colors! I'll be starting mine...soon!

Scottish Tweed Scarf
Le' Lobstah Scarf. Knit lengthwise (my favorite!) Who the heck knows or cares how many stitches...well, I will if I run out of yarn at the cast off ;)!

Well that's all I confess to this week! Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it! I'll be cooking the side dishes, hoping the pager doesn't go off, eating a lot, and knitting and sewing (check this weekend) like crazy! Bye! :)

20 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Treat it just like you would a heel flap heel. You can fix it the same way! And you can still pick up a stitch to fix it. You aren't toooooooo far past it. You're WiPs are all lookin' good!

Karen said...

Those Ice Cream socks look good enough to eat!!! ;)

Lauren said...

I love those ice cream socks!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Yummy ice cream socks!

Happy Thanksgiving!

cpurl17 said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Those socks are very yummy looking!

Kara said...

I almost didn't need to read you caption on you vesper socks. I saw the pic and squealed, "Neapolitan!"

I am so loving the Unoriginal Hat. The double stranding, I think, is turning out so fun! And I hear you on those needle conversions.

weezalana said...

I don't think it's any different than closing up a hole on a flap - could you pick up a stitch from the back and do a k2tog?

Happy Thanksgiving!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Super cute socks! And projects!! The hat should go super fast too! Happy Turkey Day Z!!

Anonymous said...

The socks are super cute! Hole or not, it looks like a perfect short row heel, such even wraps (still trying to learn that one).

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

that sock yarn reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream!

Knittypants said...

Yum! Love the socks.

Bezzie said...

Dear lord that icecreamy sock looks good enough to give me a foot fetish...almost!

Happy Turkey Day!

Shopaholic D said...

love those socks!

:) D

Jody said...

That yarn you're using the hat is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it done!

Jennifer said...

The Neopolitan socks are making me hungry!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks! That yarn is to die for.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

KnitPastis said...

This Vesper yarn rocks! I too had a hole in my sock. That doesn't usually happen. Really love ths yarn!

Stacey said...

I love those ice cream socks! Lovely!

And I'm with you on the lengthwise scarves!

Anonymous said...

There is another way to fix the hole if you don't want to rip back, or try to pick up an extra stitch after the fact.

When you are finished knitting the sock, cut a length of yarn in the same color. Thread it onto a sharp pointed needle. You are going to thread it through the back part of the stitches around the hole, then cinch the hole shut. You will have 2 extra yarn tails to weave in...but no hole.

Good luck!
blissfulknitterATgmailDOTcom

Anonymous said...

Great wips and I love those socks!