Friday, December 21, 2007

YPF-The Northern Version

Cherry Tree Hill Supersock

CTH Supersock
Northern Lights Colorway
Fingering weight
420 yds

I bought this in Maine at Yardgoods in Waterville, place of my birth (random factoid ;) I used to visit this store all the time for other fiber of the fabric version, cross stitch, and basket weaving supplies...yes, I avoided that yarn area....

Well, not this time. I had about 30 mins to shop, and this skein kept calling my name. I've recently seen it knit up and I do like it a lot. Into the queue now!

CTH Supersock


CTH Supersock
I was so glad to see a wide variety of yarns here! My beloved Lamb's Pride, Cascade, Patons, etc., plus everything I'll need when I move...when...hmmm no time soon sadly!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that exact same yarn and colorway in my stash too. I'm so in love with the colors. When I get better at the whole sock knitting thing, maybe I'll use it to make a pair of Monkeys. :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

That yarn is gorgeous!!

Bobbi Newman said...

stunning! what beautiful colors!

weezalana said...

Well, you know, if yarn talks to you like that, you HAVE to buy it. I should know. Happens to me all the time...

Bezzie said...

You'll be like me, you'll be old and gray and all your friends will be moving to Florida and you'll be moving NORTH!

Very pretty stuff, and aptly named!

Sandra said...

there is something fishy about this yarn, and can't tell what exactly!

KnitPastis said...

That's cool to know where you were born.
I too have been in love with this yarn. You picked out a beautiful colorway.
Great, you had to mention Ravelry. Everytime someone says it, I have this craving to go on there and can't get off the site. Gotta go check it out for just a second.LOL