Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday WIP

Whew, fell asleep last nite for a while knitting on TD...no stitches were harmed either...phew..

TD
3 out of 10 total repeats. I will try on before I do all 10 repeats as I'm am a bit vertically challenged. Trying to finish a set of repeats a day, well, as much as I can tolerate. I'm learning M1's L&R for this, so much better looking on the side panels...I'll show you one day!

Merlot Socks
My newest socks. Merlot Colorway in Original DK from A Swell Yarn Shop. I got this last year when she only sold from her site. Now she's in a few other places...
Yes, these are 2 at a time on 2 circs, going quite well! This will also be my first afterthought heel. I wasn't going to do it, but said what the heck, it's just a set of toe decreases! I think the hardest part is picking up the stitches from the waste yarn. Hoping they go quickly.

Well, off to sew! Thanks for all your hints everyone! Fingers crossed!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

That duet colorway is very pretty! I'm trying to build up the nerve to knit my first toe up sock. I think once I get the cast on figured out, it'll be fine.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Don't you love the Duet yarn!! I'm trying so hard to resist buying up all her colors!! Love the Merlot!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty socks. Love that yarn.

Anonymous said...

I really like the new socks! Solid toe, stripy feet - pretty.

LizzieK8 said...

When you pick up the sts from the waste yarn, use the smallest needles you have. It makes it much easier to pick them up and then just knit them off onto the regular scheduled needles!

The colorway on the socks is amazing!

Jo said...

Those socks are gorgeous - I love the interplay between the wine and the rose-pink.

Lauren said...

I love the merlot color! I've been wanting to try duet sock yarn.

Ragan Knits etc... said...

Lovely sock color! Would love to try the two at a time thing...too chicken.
And, TD is looking great too.

kemtee said...

Me likee pink socks.

Jess said...

oooh what nice socks. I am not usually a pink person (you would never tell by my blog) but I like those. :) And your TD. Fab.

Carol said...

Very nice merlot colourway. Mmmm merlot...