Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Long time no see...

A WIP post! Well the only WIP's I'll admit to or are currently being knit.. ;)

16 Cable Hat
16 Cable Hat in Plucky Knitter in Superwash merino worsted. Love the colorway, Charcoal and Cordial. Definately using a cable needle, even though I love cabling without one, but 8 stitches each time (total of 16 for the cable) ...um...no way!!

Almost...
Does this yarn look familiar? Well that got frogged due to fit issues. Currently becoming a Sockhead Hat almost done with the 4" of ribbing, then we have 5" of stockinette. Slow going on US 2's...but with this hot weather already, not like I'll be wearing it anytime soon.

Haven't seen this one in a while huh? Shawl that Jazz
My Shawl that Jazz is being knit on here and there, and so hoping to be done sometime in April...that is a goal. I won't allow myself to cast on any other shawls...so I gotta get going! (yes..I have quite the queue of shawls)

Something new!
Future summer cardi
When I saw Cristi's O-Wool cardi, I knew I had finally found a pattern I wanted to knit with my Noro Taiyo . I've collected a few skeins on sale and I hope to have enough. It's knitting up pretty well with my Zephyr's, cotton seems to go better on them. That's why I have different tips. I never bought the entire set at once, just got some tips here and there.

Whew...I have another cardi about to go on the needles, but that is a definate stay at home knit. Everything else is portable. Well gotta go...dinner and knitting is calling me!

13 comments:

Acornbud said...

I love that charcoal cordial colorway. The Taiyo has some great colors in it too. I hope you have enough.

Alice said...

Great stuff! I love the colors in your sockhead especially!

Pam said...

Love the color of the first hat!

Anonymous said...

That is quite an ambitious group of projects. Love the color on cardi!

Hope you found some knitting time after supper!

Jo said...

I love the colours in that last photo - that would make a beautiful cardigan.

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh the Cardi is looking awesome!

Batty said...

Wow, you've been busy! The 16 Cable Hat is on my must-knit list, I even have yarn picked out for it. I just wish I knew if I have enough yarn... there's no wrapper on the stuff I got for my birthday.

Carol said...

excellent! a wip for all occasions. complicated, travel etc...

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous wips Zonda! I've had the 16-cable hat on my must list for awhile too!!

And shawl that jazz...just knit knit knit and it'll be done in no time!

Anonymous said...

You're so busy (and I know you're knitting more than what you admit to). Great WIP's!

DPUTiger said...

Keep going on that Shawl. I love mine. Totally worth it!

And my current sweater has a 10-stitch cable. In cotton. Hell yeahs, I'm using a cable needle!

Sandra said...

so many WIPs! Love sockhead and cardi in making!

weezalana said...

Four WIPs, nice! I'm still trying to figure out just one to cast on next. :P