Sunday, March 07, 2010

Petite Pansie Picots

Say that 10 times fast!

With all my time in February knitting a hat, scarf, and a shawl, I knew I wouldn't have time to finish my current sock in progress for SAM 9 . So I decided to knit my usual stand-by socks. Magic 28 Socks

This time, I wanted to try a picot cuff.
Petite Picots
I wasn't sure it would work due to the number of stitches (28) but hey, what the heck, it's a small sock if I have to frog it. Aren't they cute???

This yarn may be familiar, it's the leftovers from this pair. As you can see by the toe pic, I didn't have enough leftover.
Toe pic
Of course, I didn't find that out until I had already finished toe 1. I also realized, I have no purple sock yarn. So in true last minute style, while watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, I frogged back sock 1 and knit the toes in some leftover Cascade 220 superwash from these socks.

No plans for these, but I'll save them for some future little baby girl.
Petite Picots
Magic 28 Socks
Zen YarnGarden Superwash DK in Pansie (bought from the Etsy shop, which has since closed. Not sure if she still dyes this yarn.)
Cascade 220 in Red
US 3 dpns
Started: February 27th
Finished: February 28th

Now hoping to finish an adult pair this month.

6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

So cute! Great use of leftovers too!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the picot edge.

Sadly, not only did I not finish my February socks, but I think I'm going to rip them out - the pooling is totally different on the second sock than the first. I'm thinking this pretty yarn needs to be plain stockinette.

Bezzie said...

So cute! I'm a sucker for picot!

weezalana said...

Cute and bright!

Carol said...

picot is adorable!

Sandra said...

I really love that orange toes! Nicer that purple ones would be!