Sunday, November 13, 2011

Local Fibers

I think I've stumbled upon Alpaca raising land ;)  I know of at least 2 local Alpaca farms and hope to find more.  I haven't visited one yet, but my local knitting group often has field trips to one of them which I hope I can make next time :)

Found the local spinning source and came home with these beauties!  One of the owners told me I'd be back again one day for weaving.  That's usually the next step after learning to spin....eek!  Um..not right now, but I won't say never ;)

Dreamweaver Alapaca
2 oz. of Dark Fawn....so soft!!


Dreamweaver Alpaca
Yummy, like butterscotch!

Dreamweaver Alpaca
2oz. of Tri-Color
011
It matches the Dark Fawn pretty well (doesn't look it here though)  so I'm sure I'll be either plying them together knitting something coordinating.

One day.....

Off to start my Holiday Snobby Spinners Swap yarn!  It was start spinning or unpacking the guest room....would like to ignore said guest room, but my son is due home next month....maybe 1 hr of guest room stuff, 1 hr of spinning, then 1 hr of knitting.....who knows ;)

3 comments:

Knitting Kris said...

Lovely fiber! I love your swap cowl too, btw!
You sound like me - one hour of laundry, one hour of knitting (or playing the piano), etc.
You get the idea! :)

Kaye said...

Gorgeous! I won't lie...I was with a friend who was in the market for a loom at Rhinebeck and it was very tempting hearing the various pitches from vendors!

Acornbud said...

I'm glad you found the spinning place. What lovely fiber!