Sorry, long time, no post!
I can finally show you my sekrit knitting!
What started out as this....
Bee Mice Elf Mixed BFL in Beloved Bard(155 yds) and Emerald (177 yds)
Both spun up to be about sport/light worsted.
They turned into this hat
Fake Isle Hat by Amy King
US 8 needles
What I thought was a good match, was a bit too close. There isn't a lot of contrast between the variegated (Beloved Bard) and solid (Emerald). But I continued knitting on and I am happy with the results. After reading how the hat usually turns out pointy, I followed some advice to delete a few rows and I think it helped a lot. I didn't block it too harshly as it wasn't for me.
A view from the top.
Then with the leftovers I knit these Camp Out Mitts
I used a size 7 for the garter section and 8 needle for the rest, and the following mods:
Cast on 14 and knit 34 garter ridges. Cast on 11 stitches for the thumb and picked up 33 stitches and knit until I ran out of the Beloved Bard. Then I finished the mitts with the Emerald. I did knit a couple of decrease rounds as I was worried they were a bit big. I hear tell they fit fine!
Then off they went to my Snobby Spinner swap pal.
My first FO's for 2012!